I have such a big crush on a guy friend of mine

lovestruck1

lovestruck1

I have a big crush on a friend of mine that I've known since high school. He's in a relationship right now but I know they're having problems and she doesn't treat him good. Should I come out and express my feelings for him or should I just suppress them?

Don't tell him anything while he's still with his girlfriend. If they break up, then he's fair game. But if you tell him how you feel about him while they're still together, no matter how many issues they have, you'll be seen as a saboteur and then you'll have absolutely no chance with him. I've been in this situation before--I was the girlfriend in one, then the friend in the other. It's better to keep your feelings to yourself while he's still attached. If you can't then that's your issue, not anyone else's.

I will tell you this: If for some reason you decide to tell him while he's still with someone--though I really hope you won't--under no circumstances should you make his girlfriend and/or relationship with her look bad by saying things like "She doesn't treat you well" or "I know you two fight a lot". If you do that, then he will instantly come to her defense and want to make things work with her and you'll be left out in the cold, without a friend. If you feel you absolutely can't keep it to yourself, make it about you and your feelings only.