Sick of the mind games!!

Warning: this is just a rant, there are no questions being asked. I just need to get this off my chest.

So anyway, a girl and I were really having a good time being friends. We are coworkers but we thought of each other as friends. Well, for some reason she just snapped one day and decided to complain to my boss that I was annoying her. No idea where that came from as I had known her for about 4 months by then and we were having a lot of fun together. My boss is a trustworthy guy, too; he has a good record with me, so I believe him. Well, he tells me to pretty much stay away from her and only talk to her at work, which even then would only be on a professional level. Fine, so I do.

She has been acting like nothing happened and continues to talk all cheerful and everything with me. I am not falling for it, I think she wants to set me up. So I just ignore her, don't get too cheerful in return. Well tonight we had a company party and at the end of the night she comes to me and asks why I didn't talk to her all night. I figured she wants to hear a dramatic story to be "proud" of her complaint and all, so I just tell her that I didn't talk to anyone and I don't know what she means. She doesn't believe me, and then starts to say that she is looking for commitment in a relationship. Alright, this is dangerous territory, and is something she never said before so I KNOW she is trying to incriminate me and set me up for something. So I just say, well how's your boyfriend?? not really knowing if she had a boyfriend or not. I just wanted to "throw it back at her." So she starts talking all about how much of a jerk he is and how he hates him. Right then two other workers come up to us and we separate because we got distracted and busy with the other workers.

So just be aware that sometimes mind games and tricks can be very subtle. It sometimes (not always though) helps to listen to things thinking someone is out to play games with you, rather than take things at face value. If I didn't do that tonight, she would have had some fresh new evidence to complain about to my boss, since I would have thought she was simply being friendly. But I didn't give her anything!! :)