Long Story

Winter of 2007, I introduced myself to my friend Mario's friend Danielle. I was still in High School then. We started talking and getting to know each other, then hanging out all the time at school and after.we'd go to movies together, just everywhere i'd make her laugh so hard, she even hyper ventilated one time when she was with me, It was a great friendship we would tell each other about our problems and all that stuff, we were really great friends, we'd look for one another at school first thing in the morning even get there early just to have longer time talking before school started. at first i had a crush on her, I asked her if she would ever date me, and she said yeah, but nothing really ever happened because we both saw each other as friends more.

She is younger then me, so i saw her as a little sister, and she saw me as her big brother. so after 2 months ( this friendship grew very quickly) I asked her for her friend rachel's number because i had seen her walking around with danielle and i was beginning to like her. Danielle made fun of it, and i got upset because it really hurt that she would joke around about it. anyway I told her that it hurt me, and all that, but said i was ok because she kept apologizing, but really it did still bother me. the next day at school I was on the second level, and i saw her below, and i knew she was about to come up like she always did to stand up there with me and talk. I was still upset, so i tried to walk away down a hall, she got to the hall just as i was reaching the end and asked why i was trying to run away, again i made up some dumb excuse, told her i was fine and we went back to where we would usually stand, but I didn't talk at all, it was very awkward, and she just left after like 10 minutes. later i found out that she was crying in the lunch room, and after that it was like another month before we talked again.

After that we became friends again, for a while, then she stopped talking to me as much as she used to, I would always ask her why, and she would always just say i'll always be your friend, but we tried taking classes together to buld the friendship, and we did, I remember I took a social dance class with her because she told me she didn't want to be alone with her, but the first day of the class, I waited for her at the door, when she got there i said hi, she just walked past, and sat with some other kids, leaving me to sit by myself, I felt so hurt that that very day i got out of that class, and didn't talk to her for a long time. then during the summer of my graduation, agian we started talking, then by october we were hanging out agian talking all the time. I invited her to an up coming concert, it was a big one, tickets were very expensive, and she didn't work yet, and i did so i told her i'd pay, we kept hanging out and everything, and one day, i told her i had a dream that we were at the concert and she saw some friends and left me alone and went with her friends, she said she knew i'd think she was using me, she said to go without her, but I felt way bad for making her feel bad, and anyway they canceled it, so we tried to fix things again going to movies agian and all that,

This one day we went to the movies, and we were standing in line to get pop corn, and she saw some guy from school and started talking to him, i didn't mind everyone see's people they know and start talking, but after that she started to text like i wasn't there she wasn't talking or anything, so i told her joking to just go ahead and tell me she hated me, and jokingly she did, but it really got to me, so i was quite for a while, then when we got inside the theater and sat down, i kept trying to start a conversation, and she kept texting, i asked her straight up why she was doing it, and she said she didn't know anyway when i dropped her off i got out to say goodbye, and she asked if i was mad and i said no, so she asked for a hug and i gave it to her, after that we started not talking again for another long while.

Everytime this happened i felt like each time we were less friends, even though we'd have a blast hanging out, i felt like she was just hanging out, out of pitty and also for awhile then she had stopped talking to me, she would only talk if i talked to her, but she never said anything was wrong, when we talked you'd think we were the best of friends.like 2 month ago we hung out again, and on the way to drop her off while in the car, i asked her if i told her something would she take it seriously, she said it depends, so i told her "i'm gonna tell you a secret" now this secret I had only ever told 3 other people, it is a very deep secret, very traumatic. I really felt her love in her expression, and reaction, she opened up to me one of her biggest secrets, that was similar. so i went home thinking great were back, then her cousin died, wich is wierd because my uncle died around the same time last year, anyway i was very supprotive, and everything, i'd talk to her everyday to make her feel better, and things were great, she was all good from the pain, of that, but then never talked to me agian, i was very disappointed because, i thought, after all i've done for this girl, why does she treat me like a stranger?

I promise, when were together having fun we look like the happiest friends, but you would never ever know i was her friend at all, she has pictures of all her good friends on her myspace, and is always writing blogs about how great of friends they are, no where am i even mentioned, then this week she texted me saying sorry for not talking for a while, how are you, I told her not to worry because i know she is my friend no matter what, and we had a good little chat, and were friends good now, she invited me to her graduation to sit with her family, but idk what will happen after that will she stop talking to me again?

likeORIGAMI

OK. Answer this question for yourself. Are you looking to be friends with this girl? OR Are you trying to be something more?