My Best Friend Broke Up With Me

TheOtherGirl

TheOtherGirl

Yeah... she pretty much 'broke up' with me. i dont know how else to explain it. she put me out on the curb of our friendship and i dont know what to do.

A little back ground: Me and my (ex)best friend have been friends for about 4 years. we were friends all through high school and after. We work together and live across the street from each other. We used to do everything together - ride to work, go to the gym, lay out, go to the tanning bed, go out every weekend, text non-stop EVERY DAY, and we used to be the one that the other would go to about everything. About a month ago, we were supposed to go to a concert together. Two days before the concert, we were at work and she threw me under the bus about 6 times in one night with just random **** that really hurt. I told her i didnt want to go to the concert if we werent going to have a good time and werent going to get along. She said fine, she wasnt going to go. she "didnt want to be near me, hear my voice, see me..." ect. she hasnt talked to me since. She keeps telling people i stole some of her personal belongings and that she cant trust me. the girl has been my best friend for years!! Since we never talk, and never text, the only time i ever saw her was at work. Well this past week she got fired. I feel like ill never see her or talk to her again. There's even a possibility that she'll move back to Michigan. I've been up for the last hour crying. I really dont know what to do. Pleaseeeeee helppppp!!

That can't be all to the story. Best friends don't have a falling out over going to a concert or even a tiff that happened at work.

There's something much much bigger to this, and it sounds like it's been under the surface for some time. Did you steal anything from her? You aren't really defending yourself too much on that one. If you didn't where do you think she's coming from with that accusation?

• Author
TheOtherGirl

we were actually perfectly fine up until that week. and no... of course i didnt steal from her. she lost her make up bag and said that the last place she had it was at my house. i never saw the bag, but she seems to think that since it disappeared, i must have taken it.

Island Girl

I didn't read where you were "defending yourself too much" about the stealing.

This girl may have been your friend. But she isn't acting like any friend I would want right now.

If she had a problem and was really your friend she at least talk to you about it.

Whatever happened -- the fact that she could flip and treat you so horribly -- that shows her true colors. It may be difficult for you to reconcile it right now but it is really for the best.

What an awful person she is. I hope she does move back to Michigan and you never have to see her again.

• Author
TheOtherGirl

in many ways, islandgirl, i agree with you. everybody at work is like "you need to go out of your way to be her friend again" and i am really starting to realize that i dont think i want to be her friend if she's going to act this way.

whichwayisup

If you two were bestfriends then the thought of you stealing her bag never would have entered her mind.

She's treated you like crap, allowed other people to influence her thoughts about you in a negative way. You were her friend, but she isn't much of one to you!

Sorry you're hurting..

Let her approach you. If she realizes she messed up and wants to talk, talk to her, sort it out and be honest! Speak from your heart. But let her make the first move.

This is just so strange that all of a sudden she flips on you. If this were a relationship, we'd all be saying that the signs were there for a long time and you just didn't pick up on them or something along those lines. When you said she's accusing you of stealing, I had envisioned there was a guy that has shown up between the two of you.

That being said, I feel for you. Sometimes, people do change overnight and you really do not need to be around someone like this. You don't need to go after her and try to make amends. At best, try once to talk to her. If she refuses to talk then you've done all you can do.

Has this friend ever shown any behavior similar to this with anyone else?

• Author
TheOtherGirl

Im not planning on going up to her... im going to give her the space she needs and see what happens. And about a boy coming inbetween us, Ive been dating the same guy for 3 years and she doesnt date, so i dont think that has anything to do with it.

-sorry so short... gotta go to work. thanks!

TheSwordfish

Another takeon this:

First of all I dont think you did anything wrong. I understand you miss someone you spend lots of time with.

If you have someone you spend a whole lot of time with,texting all day,doing almost everything together, there is always one problem: small things that annoy you become bigger. Maybe the friendship has been too intense. Such a thing can happen in any relationship.

Her accusations are strange and maybe it's better to avoid her for a while. I know it hurts when a good friend treats you like this but the more you think about it the harder it gets.

Though, I would try this.You could ask her to take time and talkabout what's wrong. A face to face conversation in a relaxed athmosphere. If she doesn't want to do that, then she's not worth it. If she wants to talk it over you can find out what is going on.:bunny: