Gift Ideas For A Female Friend

CollegeGuy22

CollegeGuy22

My best female friend is studying abroad to Spain next fall. So between that, and summer, i won't see her until January. That said, I would like to get her something nice.

What would be some nice gift ideas, under say $50?

I was thinking of just some flowers and a card, but that is pretty cliche.

Any ideas?

laRubiaBonita

i think some really cool stationary, some prepaid postage postcards to the US, some stamps, a nice writing pen...... that would be an awesome gift for me if i were away from friends and family..... but then again i still love to give and receive cards and letters.... and it's soo much easier to send thoe when you have all the supplies and postage!!!!

stationary.... i think handmade cards and pressed paper is neat..... or something with her either first or last initial is good. (check michael's or target- they have good stuff)

the prepaid postage stuff you can get at a post office or on the USPS web site.

at least you know you will get a thank you note too!

Lucky_One

Do research on who has the best calling cards from Spain to the US, and get her a couple of those.

A supersoft, very thin, beautifully colored throw - she can use it on the plane, and can bundle up with it on her bed in Spain for a touch of home. If you are "hugging" friends, then tell her to wrap it around her when she needs a friendly hug from home, and if your hugs are a bit more romantic (or you wish they were!), then tell her that it is to keep her warm and cozy until she returns back to you.

You can get a cashmere throw for $40 from Amazon.com or for $80 from overstock.com, or an alpaca throw for $50 from Amazon.

You sound like a great guy - good luck!

quankanne

prepaid calling card, in the event she can't get international service on her cell phone?

maybe a gift basket with either travel items of her favorite bath gels or something having to do with the new country she'll be staying in?

or my idea of a favorite pampering, a manicure/pedicure ... scheduled to coincide with her departure. Make her feel pretty as she embarks on her new adventure!

I searched "studying in Spain" at amazon.com -- the customer comment for 'Spain Is Different' looks promising. More generally, 'The Rough Guide to Spain' may also fit the bill. Or you could try for some type of "insider's guide" to the city/area in which she'll be living.

If she is a "snail mailer", I like the idea of stationary -- to mail it from there, she'd need Spanish stamps, though.

Or. Souvenir thingies from her home town/state -- to help her feel "at home" when she's there? T-shirts, pens, stickers, notebooks...a whole heap of dollar store items that'll remind her of you all year long, and won't be bulky to pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Get her something that'll remind her of home, ...or you.

If she reads you could get her a few novels, or something along those, and maybe get her close friends and family to sign a card (or one a book, for that matter) to remind her of you/them.