Question

beautifulearth83

beautifulearth83

I have a friend/roomate who sometimes asks me, "so anything exciting happen today"? And I never know how to answer this question. Anytime I have answered that question with something, his response tells me that it's really not exciting at all, and then it just feels like a waste.

And also it feels like I'm narrowing down the day to one exciting thing, which doesn't feel right. I have trouble constantly talking about things that occur or are occuring because I'd rather enjoy the experience of it and soak it in, then maybe talk about it when it's relevant.

I also have trouble saying "nothing exciting happened today" because then I feel like I'm selling the day short or that it's a judgement of me as a not so exciting person, which I may or may not be anyway. I'm not sure why he asks me this question as he doesn't ask too many other people, or so it seems like. I know this is probably dumb and really isn't anything that matters, but it just happened so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Also, I'm sometimes asked this question in the form "so anything exciting happening in here?" like if I'm in a room doing something. People can ask what they want and I don't want to change him. But I feel like certain questions he asks demand a certain response that I don't fulfill.