Friend has an attitude

happyinlove

happyinlove

I have this friend that always want to compare her life to mine. If she likes something in my life, she always want to do the same and I don't find out until later on. I feel as though she is not a real person. She does not talk about personal things really. I don't really know her. If I don't know something that she said, she says it in a way like "how could you not know that, everybody knows it." I don't understand her attitude towards me. She's been my friend since high school and I don't want to break it off since she's part of a group of friends.

I know what you mean. I have a friend who is the same way. I feel like if I go through some kind of phase, suddenly she is too. If I'm having boy trouble she suddenly has to find a guy to moon about and we're in our twenties....

I've also been feeling she gets snippy sometimes and I don't know how to deal with this either. I don't get 'snippy' with her, and then she acts like everything is fine after she's just been completely rude. I don't get it. People say, well if you can't discuss it with her then you're not really friends, I don't know about that, but I do know that if someone is in denial about how they are you can't really talk to them about anything. Especially if theyre not going to respect your opinion. I don't know what to tell you. Isn't it hard when you've been friends with someone for so long and suddenly you just don't know how to really be around them anymore? I wish I could help but Ive pretty much thrown up my hands too...

• 2 weeks later...