When is it "too late" to return an email?

Hey everyone, this is the dumbest question, but I have a male friend who emailed me a couple weeks ago. His email wasn't to just me, he sent an online joke to a bunch of people and I was one of the recipients.

I'm thinking of emailing him back, even though it's been a couple weeks. I sort of like him - I don't know if we'll ever hook up, but I just respect him a lot.

Should I reply, even after a couple weeks, or would it look strange to have waited that long, especially since he hadn't sent a personal email (it was sent to a bunch of people, as I mentioned).

Instead of hitting reply on an old email why not just email him a very short email.. Hi.. How you doing today?..

IfWishesWereHorses

Short - two sentences. *OMG I just saw this. That is too funny!!*

See if he responds.

BlueEyesAngel

Send him a short email but don't mention the original email he sent you... If there is a reason it has taken you so long to respond be sure to mention it. Just don'y expect him to respond immediatly or even at all.

Good luck though!

• Author

Thanks for the replies, everyone, and for taking time to read my piddly question.

In general, does it look strange to wait two weeks to reply to an email, or does it really matter?

Maybe it could be strange, but as long as you reply that really doesn't matter. Because, honestly, it's the fact that you are replying. All too often in this digital age we are willing to write off someone if they don't respond within .005 seconds of us sending an email, text, etc. Just respond, stop thinking so much about it.