Friends booked an instant vacation - while I was sleeping!

It's been 5 days since my friends suddenly booked a trip for ALL of us while I was sleeping and as much as I'm trying to focus on the goods, the bad keeps nagging at me!

Basically, my friends planned a trip to come and visit me and it started out with them asking to stay with me for a few days and it ended with booking everything so I'd have to come with them for the WHOLE trip! In this economy ... when I'm not working and will most-likely not find work for at least a year! Plus, I already planned a month-long vacation back home (to my hometown) with my boyfriend - we've been planning this trip for a year!

A little background info: I just moved to Sweden 1-month ago and living with my boyfriend. I'm waiting to get into a language course here since it's absolutely necessary to complete it before I can get a decent job. Most people do NOT find a job within 1-year of residence. It takes a lot longer to master the language.

I've only been in regular contact with one of the said 2 friends because the other one is busy with school and work. The other does out-of-town work that leaves her some days off so it works with our timezone difference. I know both both from college and we are relatively close but I don't know them as long as my childhood friends that I consider my best friends.

OK here's the deal - as soon as I moved, I heard that from Martha that Abby's already talking about visiting me (not their real names). I was really happy to hear that but considering that I JUST moved, this might not be a good time and I communicated that. It has been a little over a year since we've seen each other.

I've been busy with the usual country-to-country move, meeting the parents, adjusting with the boyfriend, etc, so I haven't been able to really think about it much. But me and Martha occasionally talk about it and was a bit hesitant to even ask about just visiting since we're not completely settled in yet. I check with the bf and he's fine with it and told them it's a go! I was really, really excited to have them visit.

Martha then says that Abby really wants to go because she'll be planning to have a baby next year and this will be the last time we can all be with each other, plus it falls during the year of her big 30th birthday and Abby's birthday month, plus the year I've moved to Sweden. We were really psyched! But I only got a chance to talk about it with Martha and only briefly because I was planning a weekend with my bf's family.

To give a better idea of the happenings, here's an outline:

3/28 - Got an email from Martha about how Abby wants to go to Ireland. I quickly responded right before I left to spend some time with the in-laws (to simplify terms).

3/30 - Spoke to Martha about them booking their flight soon.

3/31 - They booked their flight. I emailed them a complete sample itinerary based on their stay here. They wanted to visit 4 countries in their 2-week stay! So I broke it down for them to see how much it all will be. I realized it would be a lot more than I thought so I made it clear that I do NOT think I can stay with them for the entirety of the trip.

We were in 3-way and when I said this Abby, whom I haven't spoken to about the trip, said that if she knew that she wouldn't have booked such a long trip. The opposite of what Martha has been telling me. I was told she only wanted to do it if they went to many different areas so it'll be "worthwhile".

They continued to say that they just all wanted to be together and will cut all expenses if need be. I explain my position and that I probably won't be getting job for at least a year. I explained that they are welcome to stay with me and I will go with them to Stockholm and Dublin but can't go to Norway and Denmark - plus those places are really expensive. They seemed to genuine and I was touched when they said they will cut expenses so I agreed but said we should check the prices first before finalizing everything.

I went to bed by telling Martha that the flights to those countries are cheap and to just wait and call me first. That to call me first.

4/01 They booked everything! While I was sleeping. Locking me into the whole trip.

My computer turned was off during the night and they couldn't call me but tried many times. They thought there was a "good deal" which BTW was more than the prices I found and BOOKED ALL TICKETS. I woke-up with an invoice from them :eek:

I was half asleep still when this all happened and spoke to them and because I wasn't completely awake, I focused on the slightly expensive price of it all compared to what I found I suppose I was just in shock that they locked me into this crazyass vacation with them. They made sure we would all go to all countries by booking flights!

My initial reaction was to say no and pay them for the flight and say I can't go because it'll be too much money but thought about the already booked flight to see me and how touchy this can all be.

I felt taken advantaged of because my situation wasn't considered at all, it was just about saving their money since it'll be less splitting the hotels in 3 instead of 2.

I was about to write to one of them and tell her how I felt but my Mom called me and advised me not to. My mother saw the act as an annoyance but that they had good intentions and probably just really excited about going. My Mom thought they were sweet and I should be grateful to have friends that want to travel with me.

Days have passed and although my Mom's words have sunk in and made me feel better, I still feel bad about them LOCKING me to the entirety of the trip!

Should I just let it go? It pisses me off because it's totally NOT how I'd go about it and I really don't agree with going to soooo many countries in such a short period of time. This is mainly about the money but what's really bothering me is the fact that I feel they didn't even bother thinking about my situation.

Should I talk to them about how I feel or just get over it because it's already planned anyway and I will have fun with them no matter what?

To be honest, if they didn't do that, then I wouldn't have gone to those 2 extra countries but that would still mean 9 days together! *sigh*