What is going on with my female friend?

arturoramos

arturoramos

I have a friend in school, she is 22, I am 27. I view her like a sister. I have been there for her through a bad breakup with a boyfriend, and we are generally best friends. Sometimes she makes remarks to qualify herself to me, or says her family thinks I am her boyfriend, or her ex always used to say she'd be better off with me, or whatever, but I usually just disqualify them and try to be friendly.

When her boyfriend broke it off with her, she re-invited me on a trip that she originally invited me on (it was supposed to be a bunch of friends going) but somehow morphed into a "couples-only" thing...in the process, I had gotten "uninvited." After her man dumped her, she begged me to go, and I went because I care about her and didn't want her to feel like the third wheel.

So on the trip, she treated me like crap. She made snide comments, acted like she didn't want me to be there, was cold, etc. I found myself really hurt. I asked her, when we got back, why she acted like she did and she said, "It was my way of impressing (perhaps overly so) that you and I are just friends."

I asked her what I had ever done or said to give her the impression I wanted more, and she said "You haven't done anything. It was all in my head."

My question is, what on earth does is going on? Is she just a whack job? Should I drop her as my friend? She is immature and if she's gonna randomly treat me like crap, I don't need that negative energy in my life.

Chrome Barracuda
I have a friend in school, she is 22, I am 27. I view her like a sister. I have been there for her through a bad breakup with a boyfriend, and we are generally best friends. Sometimes she makes remarks to qualify herself to me, or says her family thinks I am her boyfriend, or her ex always used to say she'd be better off with me, or whatever, but I usually just disqualify them and try to be friendly.

When her boyfriend broke it off with her, she re-invited me on a trip that she originally invited me on (it was supposed to be a bunch of friends going) but somehow morphed into a "couples-only" thing...in the process, I had gotten "uninvited." After her man dumped her, she begged me to go, and I went because I care about her and didn't want her to feel like the third wheel.

So on the trip, she treated me like crap. She made snide comments, acted like she didn't want me to be there, was cold, etc. I found myself really hurt. I asked her, when we got back, why she acted like she did and she said, "It was my way of impressing (perhaps overly so) that you and I are just friends."

I asked her what I had ever done or said to give her the impression I wanted more, and she said "You haven't done anything. It was all in my head."

My question is, what on earth does is going on? Is she just a whack job? Should I drop her as my friend? She is immature and if she's gonna randomly treat me like crap, I don't need that negative energy in my life.

I've been there, done that. and trust me your better off without the basketcase. Women are psycho and not worth figuring out.