Any thoughts?

My best friend and I work together. We just recently started dating a month ago. We get along wonderfully and trust each other 100%.

The problem is our work environment. He's been working there for 3 years and i've only been working there for 6 months. We just got news that our company is expanding over the next 6 months, creating new job positions. My boss secretly informed me that I was one of the lucky persons to get one of the new positions. NO formal announcment has been made yet, but without thinking about his feelings, I told him my happy news.

He has been sharing with me lately that he's upset because no one has said anything to him about the positions. I just keep telling him not to get worked up about it because he very well could have one of the positions. My only fear is what if he does not get the position? He said he would be upset but would not take it out on me. I believe him but at the same time, i'm sure he will have some sort of resentment against me. He was thinking that if he does not get the position then he will find a job somewhere else.

I don't wnat this to have an impact on our relationship but I have a feeling that it will. Has anyone been through something like this or have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!! :o)

Your personal life should not in any way whatsoever be co-mingled with your work situation. You should never, ever talk shop. What you do during your eight hours of work should not enter into your personal life.

You have no control over who gets what position at your work. And he apparently has no control over that either. What he does and what promotions he gets or you get are totally and completely irrelevant to your relationship. If you become President of the United States, your man should have the maturity to be proud of you and to deal with it.

If your guy is so insecure and petty to be thinking so much of himself and to not take this opportunity to celebrate and be proud of your promotion, I would question his love for you. When a man loves a woman, there is nothing in the world he wants more than for her to have the very best.

When a man is a selfish baxtard, there is nothing more in the world he wants more than to get as much for himself and to get what is very best for HIM!!!

If he doesn't get a new position, there are a lot of other companies to go to work for. But I hope he will consider changing the way he thinks about this stuff. It's just so very petty.

Your boyfriend is really a real man. He loves you, so he wants to find another job if he does not have the position. This is the common problem for men. You had better try to help him with his position and help him in his work. You should act like an assistant to him, if you love him.

Good luck