Why won't guy friend introduce me to his fiancee'?

jojobean

I have a good friend of mine who I have known for a few years. We hang out every once in a while, talk on the phone and text all the time. He is a confidante and a good friend.

He is engaged and getting married in July, he was engaged when we met.

Here's the weird thing. He doesn't seem to want to introduce me to his fiancee'. If we're all at a party or something at the same time, he will avoid me if she is there. Whenever I ask him to bring her along if we're going to do something, he always says she is busy. She knows that him and I are friends, because I talked to her on the phone briefly a while ago.

Anyone have any idea why someone would want to hide a friend? It's starting to give me a little bit of a complex, LOL :bunny:

LucreziaBorgia

Perhaps she is jealous of you? Or, perhaps his feelings run just deep enough for you that he is not comfortable with the two of you in close proximity.

We hang out every once in a while, talk on the phone and text all the time. He is a confidante and a good friend.

His fiancee probably does not know the extent of your friendship, and he's trying to keep it that way. Most women would not be so comfortable if they knew their fiancee was another woman's confidante and texted all the time.

The further apart he keeps you, the less likely you will inadvertently spill the beans on how often you communicate with him. And the less likely she will get suspicious and ask him any pointed questions.

He's trying not to rock the boat with her by hiding the extent of your friendship.

I have a good friend of mine who I have known for a few years. We hang out every once in a while, talk on the phone and text all the time. He is a confidante and a good friend.

He is engaged and getting married in July, he was engaged when we met.

Here's the weird thing. He doesn't seem to want to introduce me to his fiancee'. If we're all at a party or something at the same time, he will avoid me if she is there. Whenever I ask him to bring her along if we're going to do something, he always says she is busy. She knows that him and I are friends, because I talked to her on the phone briefly a while ago.

Anyone have any idea why someone would want to hide a friend? It's starting to give me a little bit of a complex, LOL :bunny:

He's keeping you on standby in case something happens between him and his fiance. OR he doesn't want you exchanging information with his fiance because he's lied to her or you. OR he's mislead his fiance about the nature of his friendship with you.

This sounds really nasty but you can count on the fact that once they get married, IF they do, you will either the totally out of the picture (personna non grata) OR he will try to get in your pants in the future when his marriage gets a bit stale.

You are simply stand by insurance that he doesn't want his fiance to know very much about.

Sorry!

Im inclined to agree with norajane.

Though what Tony_T said is possible.

I just find norajane's explanation a little more likely.

His fiancee probably does not know the extent of your friendship, and he's trying to keep it that way. Most women would not be so comfortable if they knew their fiancee was another woman's confidante and texted all the time.

The further apart he keeps you, the less likely you will inadvertently spill the beans on how often you communicate with him. And the less likely she will get suspicious and ask him any pointed questions.

He's trying not to rock the boat with her by hiding the extent of your friendship.

I liked nora's , Tony's and LB's answers. He should have introduced you both by now. He is worried that she won't like your closeness to eachother. Bottom line...

Dexter Morgan

My guess is that he thinks his bride-to-be will think its inappropriate to have the kind of female "friend" that he hangs out with.

The other posts can possibly be right. Maybe she is jealous of you! However, my guess is that he has more than "friendship" feelings toward you, and doesnt want the two girls that he is interested in to meet. Think about it, if it didnt work out between the two of them, and you and her had become friends, you wouldnt be down to hook up. Because you would know her and know more about the situation. But if he keeps you on the sidelines he can tell you whatever you want, and your going to believe it, because you know no better.

Get what I mean?

If she knows about you, dont you think that it would bother her that he isnt introdrucing you two?

The whole situation sounds a bit odd to me