You know the kind...

capita41

A lot of you will know the kind of person I'm talking about here:

I have a room mate, who in all honesty is my best friend. Him and I do really well together just hangin out at home, one on one.

I'm a musician myself, he's more of sports guy, but we can talk about "nothing" all night. And we're great friends in that capacity.

The problem comes out when we're in public. He's just one of those explosively hilarious, 'right on point' sort of folks. People open up to him very quickly and just fall the heck in love with him within like 10-15 mins. His overall appearance is fun and appealing, he's got this big, curly hair that people just can't get over. He's the kind of guy that can walk into a room full of strangers and before I can say "scat" he's making small talk, everybody's laughing and loving this guy. Me on the other hand, I've been living with this for over a year now. I feel like I've lost my ability to socialize and have a good time with others, because he's always leading the charge. Like there's no room for me after he's entered the scene. Nobody cares, they'd rather just kick it with him. My confidence has gone down a bit... and I'm struggling with it. What's also a dilemma is that we just signed another year's lease for this apartment we got, so it doesn't look like anything is going to change for a while. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I'm 19, he's 20. young I guess, but I'm hurting. I don't want this to spiral into some kind of depression, or social disorder. I definitely don't have a history of being anti-social, but I'm becoming that way more and more.

How do I deal with this kind of person?

I know where you are coming from. My advice, to be as much of "him" as you can be. To try and be the sort of person that your friend is. Its complicated, but you may be able to see where i am coming from. I hope i was of some help.