BEST FRIENDS

CONFUSED

I USED TO GO OUT WITH THIS BOY WHO CHEATED ON ME,AND I DECIDED TO PAY HIM BACK. MY FRIEND, LETS CALL HER "A", IS FRIENDS WITH THIS BOY. SO I TOLD MHER TO TELL HIM THAT I GAVE HEAD TO THIS ONE GUY. SO HE WOULD GET JEALOUS. FIRST OF ALL WE BROKE UP BECAUSE HE WANTED ME TO GIVE HIM SOME, AND OF COURSE I DIDNT SO HE WENT AND GOT IT FROM SOME ONE ELSE. SO I WOULD THINK THAT HE WOULD FEEL LIKE, WHY COULDNT SHE GIVE IT TO ME WHEN WE USED TO GO OUT, BECAUSE HE STILL ASKS ABOUT ME TO MY FRIEND. YEAH KINDA CHILDISH, BUT HEY, I WAS MAD. SO I WENT AND TOLD MY BEST FRIEND, "B" ABOUT THIS AND SHE WAS LIKE YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET A BAD REPUTATION ABOUT THIS AND EVERY ONE IS GOING TO THINK YOURE A WHORE, AND NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO LOOK ATT YOU THE SAME, IF THIS SPREADS AROUND. WELL, I FIGURED MY EX WOULDNT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE ITS NOT GOOD TO HIS REPUTATION THAT HE DIDNT GET ANY, MY FRIEND A WOULDNT SAY ANYTHING CUS SHE KNOWS ITS NOT TRUE. SO, THERES NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. WRONG. AFTER I TELL MY BEST FRIEND, B, NOT TO SAY ANYTHING SHE GOES AND TELLS THE PERSON I DISLIKE THE MOST, WHAT HAPPENED AND GOES AND TELLS THIS OTHER PERSON. SO SHE WAS ALL LIKE KIDDDING AROUNDAND LIKE SAYING "YOU KNOW WHAT SHE DID?" RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. THEN SHE TURNS TO ME AND SAYS SHES SORRY WIOUT EVEN MEANING IT. CUS SHE KEPT TALKING ABOUT IT. BUT MY POINT IS WHY WOULD SHE TELL ANYONE PERIOND? I THOUGHT IT WAS WRONG. AM I RIGHT? ESPECIALLY ABOUT SOMETHING THIS PERSONAL. I MEAN EVEN IF I DID DO IT IT WOULD BE MY BUSINESS. NOW SHES THE ONLY ONE SPREADING THIS "RUMOR" BECAUSE SHE THINKS IT GONNA GO AROUND ANYWAY. THIS IS MY BEST FRIEND THAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND EVER SINCE I MET HER 4 YEARS AGO, SHE HAS BEEN THE BEST FRIEND AND I ALWAYS TOLD HER THAT AND TOLD HER NEVER TO CHANGE. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? WHAT GAVE HER A REASON TO COME AND DO THAT TO ME NOW???

1. "WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?"

She's obviously not your best friend. Maybe she thought she was having some harmless fun. Maybe she was unaware you were a angry about it as you were. Maybe she was jealous because you didn't ask her to spread it around first. Maybe she thought it was OK to talk about because you had asked someone else to talk about it.

If she really consider herself your friend, she obviously underestimated the harm it would do you and your reaction to it.

You will need to have her answer this question for you.

2. "WHAT GAVE HER A REASON TO COME AND DO THAT TO ME NOW???"

She didn't have to have a reason. She did it because she has a tongue and she made the decision to do it. Maybe she's a bit crazy.

If you want to retain her as a friend, you better talk to her and find out what her motivation was. None of us here at this forum know one thing about her or her personality.

she's obviously not your best friend if a story you made up is a great catalyst for her to spread some juicy gossip.

you could always make up a juicy story about her and spread it, but i'm sure you have learned a lesson now and won't even consider that. besides, that would be stooping to her level and you don't want to do that.

i just hope that in the future you won't play childish games like this. they are bound to backfire, as you now realise and they serve no purpose but to cause trouble in the long run.

i have no idea why she blabbed something she knew wasn't true. ask her, get a new best friend and the next time a guy doesn't get what he wants from you, tell him tough bikkies and move on. who wants a user for a boyfriend anyway? he did you a favour girl.

oh....and don't ever discuss your sex life (or lack thereof) with anyone but your boyfriend and/or your doctor if need be. some people will embellish the truth, while the truth as it is told by another, will end up a total fabrication of the real events. you might have heard the saying, "start out with apples and end up with fruit salad"....i guarantee that the more you reveal, the more fruit salad you will end up with ma' dear.

everything stops being your business the minute you tell someone else (who tells someone else...who tells someone else....who tells someone else) etc etc. it sure sucks, but it happens.

best wishes :)