LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Why are women so Catty with each other?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 9th August 2008, 4:32 PM   #1

Why are women so Catty with each other?

Unless you are a best friend or close friend, women seem to be very catty and judgemental with each other. How can this be explained?

We seem so competitive, judgemental, and fair weathered with women aquaintances or total strangers, and it bothers me. I just want to know why we do this to each other.

Anyone ever notice this?
JooSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 4:35 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooSee View Post
Unless you are a best friend or close friend, women seem to be very catty and judgemental with each other. How can this be explained?

We seem so competitive, judgemental, and fair weathered with women aquaintances or total strangers, and it bothers me. I just want to know why we do this to each other.

Anyone ever notice this?
Yes.. the women's worst enemy are other women..

Why.. jealousy.. plain and simple.. women are way more competitive and they constantly need to put down other women in order to give them some kind of importance.

sad but true.
Lizzie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 4:36 PM   #3
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
You're always going to get oil and water personalities. This includes men with each other.

You'll find that men tend to bludgeon each other until they've shuffled themselves into a hierarchy.
Trialbyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 4:45 PM   #4
Established Member

While not a scientific sample, my general experience on LS these last few months seems to confirm the OP's observation about women trashing other women. The LS boys (at least the regulars) do not battle one another as the women do.

And if there's a male poster hierarchy, I'd love to see it.

A Wise Friend
grogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 4:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogster View Post
While not a scientific sample, my general experience on LS these last few months seems to confirm the OP's observation about women trashing other women. The LS boys (at least the regulars) do not battle one another as the women do.

And I'm not even talking about LS experiences!!! Just today, i was walking my dog and passed by this woman/young adult who was dressed pretty trendy. She totally gave me the look over and i could feel it. Its like, what does she think i have that she doesnt??

I need to understand this. I want to hear from other women who know they judge and who know they are competititve and explain to me why that is. Why are you jealous?

Is it merely insecurinty issues? If so, how do we help you overcome those?
Old 9th August 2008, 4:51 PM   #6
Established Member

A lot of women just crave drama.
Old 9th August 2008, 4:54 PM   #7
Established Member

Without naming any user ids, yes, I've seen the LS men jousting and jockeying for position within the fictitious hierarchy.
Old 9th August 2008, 4:55 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogster View Post

Well said once again..

I do not see male LSers (regulars) trashing each other .. but I see women jumping on every single occasion to bash and trash other women... like I said... it's only driven by jealousy... it's hard to understand but that's the only reason I see..
Old 9th August 2008, 5:00 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooSee View Post
And I'm not even talking about LS experiences!!! Just today, i was walking my dog and passed by this woman/young adult who was dressed pretty trendy. She totally gave me the look over and i could feel it. Its like, what does she think i have that she doesnt??

I need to understand this. I want to hear from other women who know they judge and who know they are competititve and explain to me why that is. Why are you jealous?

Is it merely insecurinty issues? If so, how do we help you overcome those?
I get what you're saying.. I agree it has to do with insecurities, jealousy, envy..

Once I was walking towards my bus stop.. two older women were talking together.. the one that was talking just stop ...looked at me.. no 'special look' just looking at me.. then the other one was wondering what the heck she was looking at, that made her stop talking.. she turned around and saw me... it was an awkward moment.. I don't know ... strange.. there was no jealousy 'look'... just an ordinary look..
Old 9th August 2008, 5:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie60 View Post
I get what you're saying.. I agree it has to do with insecurities, jealousy, envy..

Once I was walking towards my bus stop.. two older women were talking together.. the one that was talking just stop ...looked at me.. no 'special look' just looking at me.. then the other one was wondering what the heck she was looking at, that made her stop talking.. she turned around and saw me... it was an awkward moment.. I don't know ... strange.. there was no jealousy 'look'... just an ordinary look..

Maybe its cuz you have great boobs

but seriously...maybe we should turn this thread around a bit, and post the horrible experiences we've had with other women and their (or our own) judging, envy, lashing out etc...Then we can read all of them and realize how ridiculous and unfair we are being with one another, and MAYBE just maybe, change a few of us and our attitudes about women.

We are all human, all feel insecure at times, and all know life isn't an easy task. Why make it harder on each other?
Old 9th August 2008, 5:12 PM   #11
Established Member

Women look at each other for different reasons:
  1. Hey, love that outfit.
  2. Oh my, totally tasteless outfit.
  3. She carries herself really well.
  4. Sheesh, I wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit if I had her body shape.
  5. Hmmm....she's really gorgeous, I wonder what makes her so?
  6. Oh man, she thinks she's the cat's meow and she's so far from it.
The list goes on and on. In essence, sometimes it's from a positive perspective, other times it's from a negative perspective. Sometimes it's just, plain human curiosity.

To consistently project it to jealousy or envy doesn't make sense to me.
Old 9th August 2008, 5:18 PM   #12
Established Member

There are a few women at work.. who, I know, by their attitude who just plain hate me.. one of them is in the higher management, the boss of my boss.. she hates me with a passion... why? no idea.. I have never really been close to her.. she's a lot younger than I am... but she's fat.. maybe that's the reason..

When I ask a few other managers about it.. they just say.. she's a big fat cow.. she is obviously jealous..

I know she will never give me any chance at my work...

There are other women on the same floor.. who are in my age range, fat, not so attractive.. and they are obviously NOT jealous of me.. we smile or chat with each other every chance we have..

I am sooo not jealous of any other male OR female.. I honestly think I have no reason to be.. I have everything I want at this point in my life.. why would I envy anyone... it's only negative energy.. and negative energy makes someone ugly and age more quickly..

got to go.. I have a date with my beautiful daughter..
Old 9th August 2008, 6:07 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialbyfire View Post
Without naming any user ids, yes, I've seen the LS men jousting and jockeying for position within the fictitious hierarchy.
Lol you said "jousting"... I can imagine Guy A all being like, "Dude, en garde!" Guy A stabs Guy B with a double-dose of alpha-maleness. Guy B goes limp and squeals, "Touché!"

I guess it can go both ways although I admit I think girls seem to be more competitive to each other. Men generally just don't give a damn about other men. Grudge matches are few and far between, well, at least based on my experiences and observations.
Suiyobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 6:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiyobi View Post
Lol you said "jousting"... I can imagine Guy A all being like, "Dude, en garde!" Guy A stabs Guy B with a double-dose of alpha-maleness. Guy B goes limp and squeals, "Touché!"
That's fencing.
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 7:04 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
That's fencing.
Whoops!
Suiyobi is offline   Reply With Quote