I want to be honest, but not too honest with my best friend

vanilla87

Okay so my best friend, we will call her "Lisa" (to protect her name!).

Lisa just broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years last week and they are on a "break". See he was being stubborn and expressed interest in not having a family and wants to put off marriage for years and she is the opposite, she wants to get married and have a family, but not right now maybe in the next 3-4 years.

On top of that at a family gathering of her ex's at the time, his cousin asked him if he was ever going to settle down and he just went *humpf*, a noise and then replied back with "Well I don't want to get married right now and I don't want kids.", which in turned shocked my friend because she said "WHAT??? the other night you TOLD ME that you want to get married maybe in the next 3-4 years and that you wanted kids with me!", so he replied back "well you don't want kids right now and I don't want kids period..."

Well now she started seeing this new guy that she works with and her ex found out and now he is trying to win her back, by having changed, and trying to tell her wants to marry her, have kids, go places, do romantic things... something he was putting off for the last 1 1/2 years.

So I try and tell her to ignore him or just give him space, but being she's been with him for 3 years, its hard, i got that, but if someone is being this way, its not healthy.

He also used to drive her crazy, more so would think she was trying to cheat or creep around with some other guy and accused her of being to friendly, when he has been flirting with girls all the time, calling, talking to them IM'ing them, messaging back in myspace, getting one of those social sex profiles to meet someone, and lying to her about stuff thats illegal, like street racing and stuff that he does with his friends.

I'm just not sure anymore what to do for her, because he sister told her, I've told her, and its like she just doesn't get it.