Am I "just a friend"?????

Instinctive

So:

I am in high school, and there is this one girl that I like. She plays Varsity tennis, I play JV basketball, we take the same classes but only have one together (which I think is a good thing). We walk together in the hallways and talk, she gave me her number, and she always smiles and seems genuinely happy when we see each other.

We went to the school play together, but would that be something a girl does with a friend, or with a guy she might potentially like?

The other day, she was telling me about a recent church event where she was asked out. She basically said she didn't like the guy, and talked about how she tried to "let him down" easily with a hint or two that she didn't like him. Would she say that to me if I were more than just a friend? I don't want to be just a friend, but I also don't want to screw it up because she's really nice and it would suck if she has no feelings at all and then everything becomes awkward.

No clue, as high school is an ancient memory for me. Long road ahead of you. Smell the flowers :)

You both like athletics and theater. That's a good sign. Receiving a girls phone number is a good sign.

Does she meet your eyes when you talk to each other? Laugh and smile a lot? More good signs.

Enjoy the time. You won't get it back :)

HOnestly, don't wait to long. Try now, or else the friend zone may end up coming to bite you. Liking her, as long as you don't act awkward, won't change a thing if she doesn't like you back.

Well, if the girl didn't use any "hints" on our young man here, I'd take Duzzlight's advice and ask her out. Maybe that was her way of letting you know her interest.

God, I was such an idjit back in high school :D

• Author

Lol carhill.

Thanks to both of you for your help. I think I will go ahead and ask her out!

Just in case...anything i should know if she says no?

Well, considering your age, if she says no, and it sounds like she won't be brutal in this department, I'd tell her that you really liked her and had to ask. This way, she knows how you feel (you're not gaming her here, but being honest, which is gentlemanly) and the ball remains in her court if she "changes her mind", which girls are known to do :D You're also showing that you respect her boundaries.

Then, it's back to smelling the flowers :)