how to make friends ??

beebee887

okay so i dont know why it is so hard for me to make friends??? i am an attractive girl ( i know this doesnt matter but its true), i have many interests, i am super nice but i cant seem to meet any good girl friends! i just moved to newport and have been here for about a year and i still havent found a good friend. most of the people i have met are flaky and fake, and just not my type of friend. The friends i do have, live about 30 min away and ive known them for about 8 years now but we arent as close as we used to be. i know if i had a serious emergency or problem they would be there to help me but since we live in different cities i rarely see them. so im basically alone on a daily basis and do everything alone. im 20 years old and im supposed to be enjoying my life but so far, im just a lonely soul. everyone just seems so cold now days. it was so much easier to make friends as a child, but now its hard. the only people who approach me are guys! and i dont have a problem with that but i dont want a hook up or boyfriend, i just want real friends. does anyone have any suggestions? ideas? im lonelyyy

okay so i dont know why it is so hard for me to make friends??? i am an attractive girl ( i know this doesnt matter but its true), i have many interests, i am super nice but i cant seem to meet any good girl friends! i just moved to newport and have been here for about a year and i still havent found a good friend. most of the people i have met are flaky and fake, and just not my type of friend. The friends i do have, live about 30 min away and ive known them for about 8 years now but we arent as close as we used to be. i know if i had a serious emergency or problem they would be there to help me but since we live in different cities i rarely see them. so im basically alone on a daily basis and do everything alone. im 20 years old and im supposed to be enjoying my life but so far, im just a lonely soul. everyone just seems so cold now days. it was so much easier to make friends as a child, but now its hard. the only people who approach me are guys! and i dont have a problem with that but i dont want a hook up or boyfriend, i just want real friends. does anyone have any suggestions? ideas? im lonelyyy

Hey beebee. I feel your pain. I too was lonely at one point. When I moved away for post-grad (thousands of miles away)...I suddenly found myself all alone without a single friend. I was bored out of my mind quite a bit...but eventually, the solitude that it brought me was quite nice. I'm still a bit of a recluse when I'm away at school (I go home during the holidays). But I've made a few good friends here... It takes a while to make real friends. I find most people are too fake/flakey for my taste.

You ever consider joining something online...where you meet people who live around you? That way, you can get to know someone before you meet them. Are you in school? If so, join clubs that interest you (another great way to meet people).

I feel your pain I have just moved about 1 hour away from my home town... seems like there are alot of people to hang out with out here but... hard to find a new circle.. I started working out in a new gym maybe i would meet people there... I dont like hanging out with people from work... have you tried getting involved with any type of local groups in your area?

It hurts when I see a good looking girl say shes lonly ... :(

Hi

I hear you. i moved to San francisco 2 Years ago and still have yet to make any true connections. I have friends at work...should say had friends, since I just quit my job but we never hung out or got serious. My best friends all live atleast 45 minutes away, or out of the state, so everything usually takes place over the phone. It's hard, I understand, and very lonely. I too find myself attractive, smart, funny, loyal...but I do have an edge as i'm originally from NY and we tend to be more harsh or negative. So what kind of attitude do you carry? If you like dancing or something, take a dance class and meet people that way...or wahtever hobbie floats your boat. It's really hard. Sometimes i think about moving closer to my best friend just to have her there. But one good thing to know is that your learning how to be comfortable alone. Thats not an easy thing to do. Good Luck!

im pretty much in the same boat. I'm only approched by guys, and they always are looking for more that friendship, it blows! I just normally chill by myself, and try to strike up conversations with someone who might be near by and just kinda flwo with it. I met loads of people doing community service :D like, girls and dudes who aren't gonna be all on top of you. Doing some kind of new class or activity always is a good way to meet people who are interested in what your into :) try a fun class at community college or something, that always workd for me :D goodluck

• 2 weeks later...

i'm in your boat too except my situation's a bit different... when i had my first real relationship with a guy, i lost all my friends and my life revolved around him and "US" ...it was something really bad to do, because i didn't really think of consequences, since i thought we'd last forever....mind you, this was me being immature and naive, so i had no idea.... but after my first serious bf of almost 3 years broke up with me, i didn't have any friends.... i entered university, i'm in my 3rd year now and i have a very hard time balancing school work and something i want to do...i have a lot of studying to do all the time since i have plans for graduate studies, but still, i want to go out and enjoy my life, party, have fun etc.. i'm just a year older than you (21) ...

i would like to make friends but i don't know it seems as if i'm not liked? i had some friends in high school but they drifted away..(diff groups..some moved away...) and some people have other priorities...i'm not all about partying, but once in a while everyone's gotta experience it. ... i am an attractive girl like yourself, and i tend to be better of friends with guys...but i don't really want that too much, i'd rather have girlfriends who i can relate to, and talk to about different things

don't really know what to do ... it sucks being home on saturdays or friday nights ...