his old temporary best friend

moredeborah

Before you read this novel, know that I don't want advice. This is just a read.

My boyfriend, Jerry, of almost 2 years brother died about 6 years ago (his brother was 18 Jerry was 17). At the time, his brother was best friends with this guy named Brock, which they were BFFs since about 5 years old. Anyway of course at the time this tragedy brought Jerry's friends very very close together and they all share this special bond. Well, Brock married this girl, Jillian, that he was dating back then.

When Brock went away for the armed forces, Jillian and Jerry became very close and became temporary best friends. (Jerry has a real best friend, but you know how it goes when you spend a lot of time together). Anyway, nothing physical happened and no romatic feelings ever happened, so don't think that. Back then Jillian was queen of that group of friends and Nick was BMOC too. Jillian moved to be with Brock and they have lived away from our state for years, given the occasional trip home.

Enter me about 2 years ago. I did not have very many friends at the time (which is a completely different post) and was welcomed into their close knit group very well. A year into the relationship, I became very well liked and had good repoire with Jerry's friends.

Jillian and Brock finally made a trip down about a year ago and I finally get to meet them at a party that Jerry and I threw for them. Anyway, right away I get bad vibes from her.

Here is a list of things she did that night:

She had lived in Korea for about a year and hated everything about it, especially the people. I am of Asian decent, and am used to the occasional derogatory slip and take it well, but she must have insulted "Asian People" about 10 times in that one night. I didn't want to make a big deal so I didn't say anything.

She sat on Jerry's lap. (Yeah not a big deal, but with the other stuff it still bugs me.)

She kept calling me by Jerry's old girlfriend's name. They are similar, but come on...

She grabbed stuff from my hands. Like my champagne I was drinking out of the bottle, she grabbed out of my hands without saying anything and claimed it as hers.

When Jerry said that I was "the one." Jillian rolled her eyes. I swear.

So. I cannot stand this girl. I had talked to another one of the newer girlfriends of this group and she felt that Jillian was acting similar to her, like she didn't matter or something. One of the older guy friends said that Jillian was really upset when she found out he was engaged.

It seemed to me that she took all of the change that had happened while she was gone very badly and is punishing the other people for it.

I brought this up to Jerry but he defended her up and down. Basically I should understand because she left and now everything has changed and I would feel the same way. (yeah but I wouldn't treat everyone like dirt)

Normally, I would just cut this person out of my life. But I can't. Jerry and Brock are very very very close. They talk on the phone all the time while Brock is away. Now Brock and Jillian have a baby. The first baby out of the original friends.

Now that I've written all of this, I know that I don't really want advice. I just wanted to let it out into the world. Say what you want.

Typical Queen Bee behavior. She was the center of attention in that group back then, and she doesn't like that life (and those guys) moved on without her. She wanted to drop right back into that position, and was disgruntled to see the world doesn't revolve around her.

It's like some high school football stars and prom queens whose best years of their lives were in high school - they'll never achieve the same level of adoration they had then, and try and relive it the rest of their lives.

And, sorry to say, but the guys who hovered around her back then just aren't going to see her rudeness. Guys have a really hard time seeing flaws in an attractive woman unless she smacks them in the face somehow.