Should I be bothered?

Star Gazer

I tend to be oversensitive, so I'm checking with you guys to guage my reaction.

If two of your best friends went away on vacation together without even telling you about it, how would you feel?

I tend to be oversensitive, so I'm checking with you guys to guage my reaction.

If two of your best friends went away on vacation together without even telling you about it, how would you feel?

I think that I would feel a little left out. But i'm alittle sensitive myself.

wreckedhorse

i think it's normal and okay to feel left out. why shouldn't you? vacations are a time of relaxation, fun, bonding, and creating memories, and if these two are indeed your best friends then you will not be partaking in such things.

but tell us how you feel and why? i mean, did they not tell you because they take vacations all the time, and this is just a thing for them? did they go through trouble to keep it hidden from you? did you find out from them or other people? had they planned on going on a trip with you and then excluded you?

i'm really sensitive myself, what i feel is not what i can control. but how i react/should i choose to express my feelings, the way in which i do is a different matter.

While I wouldn't be bothered about not getting an invite, it would bug me if they didn't mention it in passing.

I don't think I would be jealous, I would feel hurt because they didn't include me. Is it always 3 of you together?

You have to realize it that they didn't want to make you feel bad by telling you. You're probably thinking "But I would have rather been told, at least it wouldn't have been a surprise!"

When you go to an amusement park and only have enough tickets for two tickets, you and someone else. You have two friends to pick from and you can only pick ONE. Who would you pick? That's the idea behind going with one friend.

"I'm not going to tell him. If I do, he'll feel left out and unwanted." Have you ever thought that? That is the reasoning behind it.

Don't feel bad. Rather be glad your friends are having fun. It's hard to accept that you were picked over by your best friend, but don't dwell on the negative, or your experience of beind left out will only cause you to loosen the ties in your friendship. It's not worth losing best friends over.:)

If I was really tight with 2 of my best friends - 3 of us are - I would just pass the tickets to someone else. I'd rather include both of them so that there wouldn't be any hard feelings.

• 2 weeks later...
love necessity

I don't think it's some conspiracy theory that they planned a vacation without you, but I would feel hurt so I know where you are coming from...

I don't think you're being overly sensitive either, I would feel a little left out too...

Would you have gone, if they invited you?

Maybe it was an expensive trip and they thought you couldn't afford it?

I don't know? Just looking for answers to make you feel better....

Feel better, by the way...

=(

So whatever happened SG ? Did you ever get a satisfactory answer, or did you just run into them later, ask "what have you been up to ?" and they said "....oh...nothing"

• Author

MM - as an update, no, I never really said anything.

These two girls (I'll name them Marie and Raquel) are roommates and very close with one another. They had never had a vacation together before, in the 5+ years they've lived together.

Perhaps they didn't tell me about it beforehand because they didn't want me to invite myself along (which I would have never done) or feel left out (which I wouldn't have because THEY need some bonding time). But I still think it's weird because they didn't even mention the trip after they came back. I was literally the last one in our group of friends to find out. It's the lack of being kept in the loop that's disturbing me here.

Marie and I are much closer than Raquel and I are, but we're still very close. Marie and I have been on two vacations together, and we never hid it from anyone.

In addition, things have been weird between Marie and I over the past few months. When we see each other, there's this weird awkward tension and silence that seems to be coming from her rather than me. I'll ask, "Hey, what's new?" and she'll act like nothing's changed. I have to learn from everyone else that (1) she went on vacation, (2) where she met someone she's now dating, (3) and got a fantastic new position.

Why isn't she sharing this stuff with me?

I wouldn't care. They can do whatever they want & so can I :)

• Author
Maybe she's dating one of your ex's? The only thing that comes to mind for me.

She's dating some guy she met while on vacation who lives like 400 miles away. Even if she met someone I dated, I seriously doubt she'd date him.