A fake Friend...Does she take me for granted?

Crazyinlove7

Crazyinlove7

So, I have this problem that is really making me mad. I have this friend who expects a lot out of our friendship. I have to always be there for her, always make sure her feelings aren't getting hurt. Listen to her sorry ass story about her life and the **** she has been threw. If I have a problem it fails in comparison to her problem. if something is wrong with my skin...her skin problems are more important. I have always been there for her. I stick up for her. She's very processive and really isn't an IDEAL friend. We both decided to do a friends bridal shower and now she is teling me she might not be able to come cause she has to go shopping for a sisters wedding in Eruope. When she had a business exhibition I was there for her and helped her. She didn't even give me anything off on my clothes that I bought from her. Infact she is full of **** a lot of times. She pressures me to go places and do stuff...but if she doesnt wnta do it she doesn't do it. Its hard being friends with her and I don know wha to do. Where I live i dont have to many friends, but she's almost obsessive. i WANTA BE friends with her...but I think I wanta back away from her. What should I DO? If i start backing off she's gonna call me and ask is something wrong...blah blah blah to me. WHAT DO I DO...FEELING REALLY ANGRY THAT I AM GIVING WAY TO MUCH TO THIS RELATIONSHIP.HELP

Hey Crazyinlove7,

I am on "LS" because I have relationship issues, as well.If I can help anyone here, I want to reach out.Your friend is taking advantage of you, that is clear.However, you are allowing it to happen.You might want to look at why you have someone in your life that you consider a close friend who is capable of doing this.I have heard it said that we all recreate what is familiar to us in our lives---we bring our past issues, bad or good, to ourselves.Look at what this person represents to you from your past.The first step in changing is recognizing the problem.You are feeling pain from this relationship.That is an opportunity to grow and learn.Your friend is a catalyst to help you move on.

For what it's worth......

veronica12