Would this be too odd?

soulseeker

Tonight I was at a lecture and became completely intrigued by the speaker. I was going to talk to him after the lecture, but I chickened out. Throughout his lecture, I kept thinking, I dont want this to end.

Would it be too far-fetched to email him about his lecture? He ran over his time by an hour, so I could use the, "I had to run but I wanted to ask you..." approach. Thing is, to get his email, I'd have to look on his university's site.

Opinions?

Absolutely, by all means!!! Email him, call him or even stop by his office. The worse thing he could possibly do is shoot you...haha...just kidding.

Do you have a personal interest in this man? If so, go for it. You have to move towards what you want in this world, particularly in this case where this lecturer has no idea of your interest.

• Author

Thanks Tony. I agree, we do need to go after things in life. And I did have a personal interest in him, turns out he has a girlfriend. Oh well. I think I subconsciously pick unavailable men to lust after. I just want to find someone who thinks about the same or similar things that I do. I know it's not unusual for people to be analytical, psycological, and be interested in what drives people to do what they do and be what they are, but I cant seem to find any that are not attached. I know they are out there. /shrug