Lots of gossipy, middle-school drama...IN COLLEGE!

Stabbed in the Back

Stabbed in the Back

Okay, I just have some stuff I need to get off my chest, because I am about ready to kill someone, or myself. This is all so rediculous. So, if anyone has any thoughts, comments, suggestions, do feel free to post!

So here is the deal: I have a group of friends in college, and one girl started dating the brother of a mutual friend of mine. Anyway, this brother (I'll just call him "The Boyfriend") is the ex of another of my mutual friends (I'll call her The Ex). So, The Ex, The Boyfriend, his new girl friend (I'll call her Tina), his sister (I'll call her The Sister), and I are all friends. At least we were.

So, today, I go out with a friend (I'll call her Sue), who is also friends with all of us...at least she was. After a lot of crap happened awhile ago, with Sue talking about Tina and The Boyfriend to The Sister all of the time, the group fell apart, and somehow I got involved...at least "rumor had it" that I was involved. Well, I told all parties that I wanted nothing to do with any of it. I am better friends with Tina (the new girl friend) than any of the rest of them, but I care about all of them, so I didn't want involved.

Well, Tina and The Boyfriend are no longer friends with Sue; Tina is no longer friends with The Ex, but Sue and The Ex are still friends; and The Sister is no longer friends with Tina or me, but is still friends with The Ex and Sue. So, needless to say, the whole thing has been screwed up for a while...but today, the perverbial **** hit the fan.

So, again, today I went out with Sue. I don't really talk to Sue these days, cause I'm better friends with Tina, but we still get along. Anyway, I was hoping today we could get close again, because since all this has happened we hardly speak at all. So, the whole situation was brought up. Sue tells me The Boyfriend has been communicating with The Ex, and leading her on. Of course this upsets me, but I told her I didn't want to know. So, the next thing I know, Tina is calling me, saying The Boyfriend called her and said that The Sister confronted him saying that I said a bunch of **** about Tina. Yeah. This getting hard to follow yet?

No kidding...I have the worst f-ing headache. ANYWAY. So Tina said that she knew The Sister and I didn't talk, but I must have said something to Sue, that got back to The Sister. Yeah. All of this takes place from the time I see Sue (1pm) until (8pm). Less than eight hours for a bunch of bull-**** to spread around our whole group of ex-friends.

So, after I confronted Sue, she said that she told the Sister, because she wants to protect The Ex. I said, "TOLD THE SISTER WHAT?! I didn't want to discuss it!" The whole thing is FREAKING REDICULOUS! So, I am done with Sue. Is that wrong? I mean, we have been friends for a long while, but I am sick of her mellow-dramatic bull****! I mean, all the times I thought she was "The Victim," she has been the gossip that started all the **** in the first place! I mean, YEAH she does look like a Victim when everyone hates her because of the malicious lies she spreads about people..."Awww...poor Sue."

AGH! I am so mad, I can't even believe this. I haven't dealt with this kind of petty bull since high school. At this point, I don't even know if I want to be friends with any of them, just because I am sick of all of it...I mean, it is no one's business what is going on in Tina, the Boyfriend, and the Ex's relationship, or whether the boyfriend is saying crap to his ex. The only people it concerns are him, his ex, and TINA! NOT SUE, THE SISTER, or even ME for that matter!

So, what do you guys think? Am I right to be angry? Should I dump this dramatic wench that I use to call a friend? Well, I am going to anyway, but I am wondering if you think it is the right thing to do; is it justifiable?

Thanks in advance for taking time to read my rant! I can't talk to any of my "friends" about it, cause God knows, I'll just be part of the gossip! So, I would rather just vent and get advice from total strangers, who might be able to view the situation with a clearer mind, thus giving better advice.