Will Never Use LS at home again!!!!!!

I am usually at work when I'm on LS, when I started talking about my roommate, and I was cautious of using it at home at first, but I've just now discovered I could be totally busted.

He's at work tonight. I came home and his teenage daughter was here (she lives here). I kept deleting LS from the html box at the top or whatever, but I just now went into the "Favorites" but discovered that under History, there was every single post I've made lately, even the ones I did tonight..it automatically goes into History.

I can delete it, but what if its too late.

His daughter is on the computer all the time. What if she read all of it, and even worse, what if she told my roommate, therefore he knows every little thing. I don't know if this would explain anything thats happened lately, but I'm crapping my pants right now.

But much earlier tonight, there a commercial for Eharmony on tv, and his daughter asked me if I'd ever been in love and who were the people I was in love with.

It crossed my mind that something was fishy about it, but perhaps the commercial really just made her ask me that question. Then, I found what I found just now. Am I just paranoid?

NoraJane said I could be wrecking the friendship cuz he might know I'm lying about my feelings...could this be why he started to act so mad at me all of a sudden?

OMG I am dying cuz I don't know who knows what if anything.

First, it might be possible that she read it, but I think you're probably being paranoid. Who knows what she's doing when she's on the computer - maybe something she doesn't want anyone to know about!

Second, I didn't say you're wrecking the friendship because he might know you're lying about your feelings. You're wrecking it by being dishonest about your feelings, and are putting up all kinds of smokescreens to hide your feelings - and those things you are doing are what is damaging your relationship with him.

• Author
First, it might be possible that she read it, but I think you're probably being paranoid. Who knows what she's doing when she's on the computer - maybe something she doesn't want anyone to know about!

Second, I didn't say you're wrecking the friendship because he might know you're lying about your feelings. You're wrecking it by being dishonest about your feelings, and are putting up all kinds of smokescreens to hide your feelings - and those things you are doing are what is damaging your relationship with him.

Yea, I don't think he knows now anyway, judging from things he has said.

And if I moved out without ever telling him a thing, I think we'd remain friends..in very small doses though...deep down I know your right, I guess I just don't want to do whats really the right thing.

Am I just paranoid?

I think so.

Anyway, even if (and I don't think anybody is reading your posts) the truth came out, it might be a blessing in disguise. I mean, you want to know how he really feels about you, right?

Yea, I don't think he knows now anyway, judging from things he has said.

And if I moved out without ever telling him a thing, I think we'd remain friends..in very small doses though...deep down I know your right, I guess I just don't want to do whats really the right thing.

I don't understand how what you're going through now, and what you will go through the next 4 months, could possibly be any worse than being honest and hearing what his feelings are. Even if he says he's not into you that way, you can at least have some peace of mind, finally. Right now, you don't have him anyway and you have a new trauma with him every single day.

I don't understand

Just keep posting, and maybe it will fall into place. We're pretty patient people, so don't worry about it too much.

Just keep posting, and maybe it will fall into place. We're pretty patient people, so don't worry about it too much.

:laugh:

I've been here so long already; you'd think I'd have it figured out by now.

dropdeadlegs
:laugh:

I've been here so long already; you'd think I'd have it figured out by now.

You have figured it out more than you know, norajane.

Keep posting, your advice is so good.

As for the OP, I doubt that the teenage daughter is looking at the pages you have viewed and doubt that you are busted. Teenagers are too generally too self absorbed to be concerned about others unless they feel that the knowledge might benefit them.

You're cool. Quit being paranoid.

I wouldn't worry too much LoveLace...but one very important question that might ease your mind?

What operating system do you have? Windows XP? Windows 98? Windows Vista? If you don't know, right click on 'My Computer' and click 'Properties' It should tell you there. If you have Windows XP, which is by far the most common...it should have separate user accounts (as mentioned by another poster). Do you enter in a password, or have your own account which you sign into when you use the computer? If so, then the temporary internet files, history pages get saved to YOUR profile, and no one elses. The only way someone could peek into the pages you viewed they would need administrator access (which is not a default property of a user) and they would have to actually actively search your profile folder inside windows. I highly doubt that a teenage daughter would have the means, nor knowledge to do this.

Even if you only have one account that everyone uses, chances are HIGHLY unlikely they saw your posts. Someone would have to randomly decide "Hey, I'm just gonna go peek in the history folder to see who's been looking at what..." and secondly, they would have to actually KNOW how to do that which a lot of people don't even know how. Don't worry your posts should be anonymous :)

TYASAFAHICSI

In Internet Explorer and Firefox you can determine how long to keep the history alive. Set it to zero. Also, when you sign in to LS, do you check the box that says KEEP ME SIGNED IN? If not, she would have to have your user name and password to access the posts. But she could go in as a guest and snoop around.

I think you are paranoid, but use some common sense. Get separate log ins and then delete the history.

Sweetie2007
In Internet Explorer and Firefox you can determine how long to keep the history alive. Set it to zero. Also, when you sign in to LS, do you check the box that says KEEP ME SIGNED IN? If not, she would have to have your user name and password to access the posts. But she could go in as a guest and snoop around.

I think you are paranoid, but use some common sense. Get separate log ins and then delete the history.

Good advice, also, with the different logins, PW protect yours, because otherwise she could just go in to yours and see whatever she wants (my mom made that mistake once, hehe :D)