sticky situation

alexrobson_01

alexrobson_01

i met this girl probably about 5 months ago and i was amazed by her from the second i met her. i even remember what she was wearing the first time i met her, which is quite impressive for a guy. We clicked straight away and there is no one out there more suited to me. she told one of my friends that she sees me as the kind of guy she wants to marry one day and she thinks im good looking, however when i asked her out after going on a few dates, she said "no", because she considers me so special to her as a best friend, that she wouldnt want to risk our friendship for something more. since then i havnt payed much attention to her and ive just kept it friendly, even thought i still (5 months on) havnt gotten over her..... she is everything i want in a woman and i know she loves me, but i dont know what to do, because i dont want to pressure anything or to loose her as a friend, but i need her in my life so badly. we stil hang out and she is always asking me to meet her for coffee and lunch. it's driving me NUTS!!!!! i thought i was over her about a month ago, but im really not. I've tried dating other girls. they have all been awesome, but i cant go any further with them because they simply dont match this girl im in love with and i cant help still think there is a chance for me. please help me....... what should i do?

she will not go out with you , its a fact man and you need to understand that. if you want to remain friends with her and accept the fact then good for you because she wants to be friends with you too . but you still cant get over her and want more than friendship , then its time to move on and not stay friends with her.

dont compare girls with someone great whom you have never dated, your benchmark will be too high to satisfy any future possibilities of coming close to other good girls whom you are looking for dating not friendship , its 2 different things.

whats her ex boyfriend situation like?

I ask because maybe she isnt totally over her last relationship?

• Author
alexrobson_01

she has never gone out with a guy before. she's dated heaps of guys, but never gone out with them. i think i just gotta let this one go... i'll get over her in time. i dont think i can be friends with her tho, cos then i'll never be over her.... it's gotta be a clean brake. cheers for the replies.

Trialbyfire

You know what you're capable of handling although it would be too bad to lose such a valued friendship. If at all possible explain the reasons why you need to distance yourself but wish her well. Hopefully, your interest will slowly fade and you can then return to your prior friendship.

Its almost as though she is leading you on, knowing about your feelings and still requesting to spend time with you. Its time that you let her know your feelings are still there and you can't continue to hang out with her unless she feels the same. If she still says its only a friend thing to her, you should keep dating other girls and like someone already said, don't compare. You won't get over her that way, and the other girls don't get a full shot with you that way. You sound like a pretty sensible and confident guy, there is no reason to let yourself stay hung up on someone who won't give you what you derserve or desire. (ah well, I might not be one to talk about that..but you get it!)

Believe it or not you will eventually find another woman that you admire just as much.

You have to take your friendship away. It's driving you crazy to try to be friends with her when you have these feelings. Plus, she gets the benefit of having you for coffee and whatnot, so she's not losing anything by turning you down as a boyfriend. You can tell her why you have to back off the frienship; you don't have to just drop her without a word. But you do need to back off.

It may hurt for a while not to see her, but you'll be much better off to move on and feel freer to date a woman who is into you. And if she misses you enough, who knows? She might re-evaluate her feelings for you.