Does Jealousy Rule In Friendships Or What?

chill chic

I've been having a problem with a cluster of friends, that I used to hang out with ALL the time...well not so much anymore. And they are all in different groups of friends. I am always like the 3rd wheel to groups because I don't have any REAL like close group of friends like people have from highschool. All my friends from highschool moved away, and when I was in college, all of those friends were from out of town because I went to a college out of town. Anyway, it seems as though I get alot of jealousy towards me from certain friends. And once I got my insurance job, it seemed like they stopped talking to me for some reason. But I was having problems with them before that even. Like a friend of mine seemed to get jealous that guys would come up to me and not her, and that sparked a jealousy that has just gone down hill from there. I didn't think I was stunning like a supermodel, but that's what they say or reference to, so I don't get it. Like it almost makes me feel insecure. I didn't think that someone would get jealous of a friend that's better looking than you, I've always wanted to be around good looking people, but I'm not that way and I'm friends with everyone. I have had more guy relationships or it's easier for me to get guys than some of my friends, but why do they have to take it out on me? I am the nicest, sweetest girl, never a snob, just a fun outgoing person and it seems as though they don't appreciate me for who I am, and it's really getting on my nerves. Why does jealousy have to rule among friendships? Now it's like I need to get new friends or something, but where? lol Does anyone else have this problem with jealous friends? It almost makes me depressed :(

• 2 weeks later...

hey,

Well heres what i can tell you. Now mind you, im a male so ill never truly be able to understand you woman.

But from what ive seen ....

When it comes to females and their groups of friends, ONE is always the stand-out, looks the best, gets all the attention etc etc. which causes a sense of jealousy on one level or another for the rest of the female friends.

Now if this ONE is fully aware of how "hot" she is, and flaunts it, and let it be known, she controls the group and the rest of the girls fall in line.

Now if the ONE is passive and maybe not so sure of herself, the others will smell weakness AND TEAR HER APART.

Self-esteem plays a huge role in your relationships. I've been there. Not so much the hotness, but females can not understand why I am overweight, but still attract many guys. It's because in spite of that, I am strong and I present myself very well. When you take on the attitude that they don't matter they wont. And when they learn to love themselves in the skin they're in, your beauty won't matter. "Looks aren't everything" is cliche-but definitely true. Good luck!