how to be treated differently?

Im a type of person who my friends consider the comedy-relief of the group. Im always the one doing goofy things, making jokes, etc. I dont hate that aspect about myself. I like my personality...i love entertaining people.

However, ive noticed a very negative trend with all the friends i had in my life. Although people treat me with respect at first, they eventually steer towards the realm of disrespect, directly becuase of my personality. Im a very passive guy, and people think i never get mad or sad, even tho i do. Because I appear to be such a easy going guy, people dont expect me to get hurt no matter wat they do...physical or verbal. Im always the target of insults, and they never take me seriously.

Even if i voice my opinions towards this sort of matter, they apologize and i usually forgive them...and sooner or later the cycle repeats and im disrespected again.

Especially the friends i currently have, i know they dont quite realize that they hurt me. But i know theyre good people cause i know theyll always be there when i need em. When something bad happens, they have been there for me. My firends have told me that i seem like a very confident and strong-minded person. But stemming from a recent-traumatic experience, i became very weak-minded and easily emotionally hurt. A few of my friends know about this traumatic experience and greatly helped me start recovering from it. And yet, i usually still end up treated the way that i do, due to my "carefree" personality i seem to portray.

As much as i treasure my friends, i want to change my relationship with them to fit my needs better.....What can i do?

Im a type of person who my friends consider the comedy-relief of the group. Im always the one doing goofy things, making jokes, etc. I dont hate that aspect about myself. I like my personality...i love entertaining people.

However, ive noticed a very negative trend with all the friends i had in my life. Although people treat me with respect at first, they eventually steer towards the realm of disrespect, directly becuase of my personality.

I loved The Office - but if I had to spend much time around this guy I might consider homicide...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Brent

Humour is a method of attention seeking, which we all engage in from time to time...but if you're noticing that your friends treat you in a disrespectful way then that's probably a sign that they're finding you irritating. Sadly, once a person becomes irritating to us it's an uphill battle trying to summon up any level of respect for them.

Allow people (and yourself, for that matter) to have mood variations rather than constantly looking for laughs from them. If you're no good at serious discussions, then your friends will probably appreciate you being a silent bystander on those occasions they're in a more serious frame of mind.