Would you do it?

naiveme

Hi,

Bit of background. I am in mid 20s and have struck up a relationship with this girl a bit older than me. We text daily and meet up once a week. Been meeting up for a few weeks now.

Now it gets 'interesting', I did ask her where I stand as I was not sure what she was thinking - would anything more than friends develop. I have told her I liked her and would welcome anything further developing but understand it may never happen. She has been out of a long term relationship for about 9 months and says she does not know what to think or can't tell me where I stand. We are very different - she is outgoing and very socialable and me not so.

But she is always mentioning her need to get her own space/place - she is in shared accomodation at the moment - just a room and sharing with about 10 others.

I am also kind of looking to move closer to work. This is the dilemma should I even suggest something like possibly sharing a place? I don't think she can afford a place on her own.

I know I like her but I do not know if I like like her if that makes sense. And she obviously is unsure about me. I would be more than happy to share a place as I get along with her, and it could just be a case of see what happens as towards any more developing but there is absolutely no rush.

RE:

Naiveme,

You are right. No need to rush. But, it has been a few weeks -long enough for many women -to know whether or not there are romantic feelings.

I understand she needs space, particularly after a long term relationship. But, again, it has been 9 months -considerable amount of time for a woman to partially move onto bigger and better things.

My Advice: I believe she, precisely, knows where you stand. But is scared and confused to confront you with the truth. You should raise the quasi-relationship to the next level.

In other words, attempt to set-up a date [make sure your feelings towards her are consistent and true]. IF she objects, then you have your answer.

Don't jump into moving-in together, at this point. Scratch it off your list.

Good Luck,

Sand&Water