Question to the married men- should I just give up on the male species?

Guest29

I have a question. So I look up my husband's car forum that he is totally addicted too. No I am serious, he'd rather chat with these guys then spend time with me. Or so it feels. So anyways, I look at his forum to figure out maybe what kind of little parts I could get for him for Christmas just as a surprise.... and to my behold I find posts of him drooling over other women. I can't tell you how bad this hurts.

I don't know how to address this. I am not ugly I don't think. I just don't understand. I am so in love with him I don't even desire to look at anyone else. He treats me like a queen in every other way... but behind my back he is talking about sexy actresses looking at half naked pictures. I just don't understand. Any suggestions? Thanks for your input in advance.

I think this topic should be moved in the 'cheating, flirting, and jealousy' forum as this is a good topic and it will get more 'exposure' there...

I really don't understand this paradox myself and I'm a guy. Go figure.

I suppose some guys are more adept at 'compartmentalising' things so in this case he can ogle half nude women, actresses, etc. without any guilt. Sounds weird to me but then again I'm weird anyway. :p

I suppose some guys are more adept at 'compartmentalising' things

I think that's very true. In this case, however, Guest29's hub might just be playing the macho cowboy in front of his online friends. Sexy actresses? That's no threat to a marriage. I know seeing this was a shock, but in the absence of a true smoking gun I wouldn't get too overly concerned about this kind of thing. Don't give up on him yet, 29.

Oh, and hi, this is my first post here. :cool:

I think that's very true. In this case, however, Guest29's hub might just be playing the macho cowboy in front of his online friends. Sexy actresses? That's no threat to a marriage. I know seeing this was a shock, but in the absence of a true smoking gun I wouldn't get too overly concerned about this kind of thing. Don't give up on him yet, 29.

Oh, and hi, this is my first post here. :cool:

Good first post Plungebob! :)

I agree with the above. Most men will look at pictures of naked women, especially famous ones! Provided he's just oogling these actresses and not conversing or swapping pictures with a real life available women, I don't think there's a major issue there. Not nice to read it from your own husband I'm sure. But I'd just see this as a male/bonding thing.

Yep, I agree with PB and LK,

It's probably just a male bonding thing. People's online personalities are sometimes very different than their real ones.

Men will be men...we have to have that outlet every once in a while. It's no different than when our women go out with the girls. I'm sure women do the same thing in talking about how cute this guy is, etc.

Ignore what you found. It is harmless and normal. Men will always look at a beautiful girl... women do it too. Women are beautiful, like fine art of enchanting music.

He will appreciate the beauty without having any impact on how he feels about you. The fact that he these things with friends and not you should be seen as showing you respect.

All men do this if they have testicles that still function. Just some will admit it, and other will not.