I think I have lost a friend

twkvfx

She is a friend of my mum's. And we've been like friends since the day we met. I can tell some signs of rejection everytime she sees me. For why this rejection started was because of my own fault. She was ignorant and neglectant everytime we walk past.

One time when the moment I was about to make a response as a first step of fixing the errors up ,in between us, the time we walk past. But somehow I didn't say something. It's like that my mind's just been disconnected with my emotion. I think that I've made things worse. It was hurtful because I didn't do for what I was intending to do. I can't even do the slightest thing (I might talk about the faults I've done after someone has comment this).

I don't know what to do. All I can do is wait. For this is because I'm afraid of the situation would happen again and cause me more hurt emotionally. I've been feeling depressed about this for a few months because of the error.

Some people may think that it's just one person that I've lost, but to be honest I don't care. No matter if it's just one friend that I've lost, I would try and do whatever it takes to claim a friend back, unless that friend tells me directly that she doesn't want to accept me anymore as before.

What help can you give to fix the error? Please, I'm dying to know.

You said it's your fault. I'm not sure what you did but you ever think to say "I'm sorry" to her?

That helps. :)

Any other?

Any other what? Remedies to your dilemma that you have failed to explain clearly?

Um, no. Just say sorry.

Of course, it has more meaning when you say "I'm Sorry". Personal responsibility and all that...

• Author

Okay. In other terms, if I end up walking past her again then I would, this time, say hello to her (as an acknowledgment of my failed first attempt?), and keep doing this every time I see her? Is that a good idea or not?

Okay. In other terms, if I end up walking past her again then I would, this time, say hello to her (as an acknowledgment of my failed first attempt?), and keep doing this every time I see her? Is that a good idea or not?

Yeah make an effort. The worst that can happen is she'll ignore you, which is where you are already.

Take a chance. Maybe she misses the friendship too. But's just waiting on YOU.

• Author

When you walk past someone, how can you tell that a person you know has rejected or dislikes you? Is it when they look down whilst walking past you for avoiding eye contact? Or they just look straight ahead? What are the signs?

When you walk past someone, how can you tell that a person you know has rejected or dislikes you? Is it when they look down whilst walking past you for avoiding eye contact? Or they just look straight ahead? What are the signs?

Just approach her already. Everyone is different with how they handle themselves.

Look, you've got nothing to lose. What's she gonna do, hate you? You already think she does.

You'll never know how she feels unless you speak to her. We're not her so we don't know what she feels. And given the bare bone mimimum description of how you messed up the friendship, it'd be pure speculation on trying to read why she's not talking to you.

• Author
Just approach her already. Everyone is different with how they handle themselves.

Look, you've got nothing to lose. What's she gonna do, hate you? You already think she does.

You'll never know how she feels unless you speak to her. We're not her so we don't know what she feels. And given the bare bone mimimum description of how you messed up the friendship, it'd be pure speculation on trying to read why she's not talking to you.

Okay, but I was talking about other people, not just her.

IME you can't really tell unless someone overtly dislikes you. Usually the fault lies within your interpretation. You act like you can read her mind - the truth is, you can't.

People can act stand-offish for a number of reasons. Maybe they are having a tough time in their life, or have stress at work. Maybe they are having a bad day, or they think that you don't like them and tend to act in a defensive manner.

The truth is, you can't know someone dislikes you for YOU unless you ask them.