Job Interview against my friend

lizzieTM

Well.... both me and my friend are looking for a job. I had an interview at this place on Friday, it went well and later that day i recieved a phone call inviting me back for a second interview. I phoned my friend in my excitement and she has now applied at the same place. There are 3 different roles avaliable but she told me today that the one she wants is the same one as me. Now i really want this job and ive just been speaking to her on the phone.. She said " I dont care what or where it is as long as im going to get paid for it" so why is she going to go against me?!

I really really want this job, but i have a feeling that she will sucseed over me. Its a mainly male orientated environment, and she is a lot more flirty and bubbly also has 2 big reasons why she would be more appealing than me. Although we are both the same age and have the same experience (we both worked at our last place together) My exam results and so forth are better than hers however hers are in more appropriate subjects for the role. Where as i have Media,Film and ICT. She has English, Sociollogy and History. A lot more acedemic.

Im just stuck in limbo at the moment. We're supposed to be going out for a drink tonight but ive cancelled i dont know what to do.

My second interview is going to be on Tuesday where are her first is on Wednesday... but its the main boss who will be interviewing her. Where as my first interview wasnt with him.

I just dont want to loose out to her or us to fall out.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

There are 3 different roles avaliable but she told me today that the one she wants is the same one as me. Now i really want this job and ive just been speaking to her on the phone.. She said " I dont care what or where it is as long as im going to get paid for it" so why is she going to go against me?!

Because she is a b*tch.

Unless it's her dream job, or she badly needs money and she reckons that she has chances to get a job only if she applies for that role.

In which case she'd still be someone who is unable to, or does not care to communicate properly to a friend of her why exactly she is going to compete against her for a job.

At least now you know what kind of person she is.

If you end up being the one that gets the job, please post an update - you'll make my day. :)

bluechocolate

I think you have enough reason to fall out already. Had she found out about the position independently, fair enough, but that is not the case.

If you really care to salvage something out of this I would ask her to wait & see what your outcome is or to apply for another position. She can always try to move within the company if she gets another job.

If I were you though, I wouldn't bother. These are not the actions of a friend.

Well.... both me and my friend are looking for a job. I had an interview at this place on Friday, it went well and later that day i recieved a phone call inviting me back for a second interview. I phoned my friend in my excitement and she has now applied at the same place. There are 3 different roles avaliable but she told me today that the one she wants is the same one as me. Now i really want this job and ive just been speaking to her on the phone.. She said " I dont care what or where it is as long as im going to get paid for it" so why is she going to go against me?!

I really really want this job, but i have a feeling that she will sucseed over me. Its a mainly male orientated environment, and she is a lot more flirty and bubbly also has 2 big reasons why she would be more appealing than me. Although we are both the same age and have the same experience (we both worked at our last place together) My exam results and so forth are better than hers however hers are in more appropriate subjects for the role. Where as i have Media,Film and ICT. She has English, Sociollogy and History. A lot more acedemic.

Im just stuck in limbo at the moment. We're supposed to be going out for a drink tonight but ive cancelled i dont know what to do.

My second interview is going to be on Tuesday where are her first is on Wednesday... but its the main boss who will be interviewing her. Where as my first interview wasnt with him.

Frankly, I think that ranks up there with going after your lover. I mean, technically he/she has the right to get a job, but to go after the same one you've applied for shows a lack of respect for your feelings, in my opinion. I wouldn't do it to a friend of mine unless I knew that they had already applied for the job and failed to get the job, and then I'd have the courtesy to call and tell them that I'm going for the job.

Crap friend if you ask me.

so why is she going to go against me?!

becuz she's not really your friend.

has 2 big reasons why she would be more appealing than me.

what would those be? :lmao:v:lmao:

try to stress your intellctual assets in the interview. it may work, it may not.

LaughMachine

Okay she may be your friend, but not a good one. Or not really a conscious one. I think she is probaly filled with excitement of getting a new job, and by that she is over looking the the problems that might occur. I would defiently jump in on this one and tell her exactly how you feel. Because I would feel the same exact way as you and I woulden't have even bothered to ask people for their opinions. I would have already told her she better not even dare. haha jk. She just wants to get paid for it. You on the other hand are looking for more than just pay, even though I'm sure thats the prime reason for this job...but still. If she does decide to go through the interview with you stating how you feel( and gets the job ). I woulden't keep close ties between the both of you. And anyways if she just wants to get paid shes not truely going to enjoy the job and it will possibly suck for her...