I work at a office with all men and sometimes I get down because I feel sensitive and I'm going through that time of the month and like today I just was so sensitive and when ever my supervisor would tell me something i would take offense to it and then a hour later my feelings would be back to normal. Why do Woman get periods? Why cant men get emotional and Sensitive. It just pisses me off, I just wish I didnt have to go through this every month and then I get mad at my bf cuz he doesnt call, but I know its just me and I'm irratated and sad and feeling hormone crazy.

napoleandynamite

i think men do get their periods emotionally:p ! Men are sensative as well, they either just express it differently than women or they have trouble showing it.

Men also expect you to be a little b---chy once in a while. Don't worry about it, it makes us appreciate the charming you all the more.;)

Just remember, most of the time I'm sure those guys don't intend to piss you off or make you feel offended. You're one of the boys, and they know you get periods, suffer from PMS. Problem is, seems like none of them have pegged your 'don't come near me' times...LOL! I worked with just men for a long time in my previous job and they just "knew" when not to joke with me. But, honestly, as long as you can later laugh about it, and don't react TOO much, all will be OK.

superconductor

It's not everyone else's job to hover delicately around you for fear of harming your oh-so-sensitive feelings.

It's up to you to manage yourself. So deal with it.

Just remember, most of the time I'm sure those guys don't intend to piss you off or make you feel offended. You're one of the boys, and they know you get periods, suffer from PMS. Problem is, seems like none of them have pegged your 'don't come near me' times...LOL! I worked with just men for a long time in my previous job and they just "knew" when not to joke with me. But, honestly, as long as you can later laugh about it, and don't react TOO much, all will be OK.

Exactly.

I work in a mainly male field, and can also tell you that most guys like having a lady around as "one of the boys," especially if she has a good sense of humor.

You know there is a wonderful pill now that you can take and only have to have that time of the month about every 4 months or so... Ask your OBGYN

No one else thought this might be a troll?

If it's not a troll, sorry, you have to, for lack of a better term, sack up. Men are very easily threatened, and seeing you as emotionally vulnerable is like blood in the water.

Men feel threatened by irrational behaviour? Which self-help book did you get that from?

I'd assume the same book you learned your acidic vitriol from.

Men feel threatened by irrational behaviour? Which self-help book did you get that from?

If you actually read my post, I said that irrational behavior is seen by men as a weakness. Reading is fundamental.

superconductor

You wrote:

Men are very easily threatened...

I didn't write that, you did.

By the way, irrational behaviour is weakness. It betrays a lack of focus, unreliability and an absence of self-discipline.

Which part of that is hard to understand?

You wrote:

I didn't write that, you did.

By the way, irrational behaviour is weakness. It betrays a lack of focus, unreliability and an absence of self-discipline.

Which part of that is hard to understand?

Your post is irrational and makes no sense. I never said what you're saying I said, you are attempting to make me sound stupid by pretending that I said something I didn't. It's very typical behavior from a man who is threatened.

superconductor
I said that men are easily threatened by smart, independent women

Maybe you should read your post again. I see nothing in there about anyone being threatened by smart, independent women. Besides, it's not true anyway.

It doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other if you think I discredited your post. You did that on your own.

But how does this help the OP? (I happen to agree with you, by the way, that the OP should just manage herself, or, as you put it, "sack up." Not because she might bear the brunt of some nonsense, but just because it's the right thing to do in a professional environment.)

*edited to add*

I never said what you're saying I said, you are attempting to make me sound stupid by pretending that I said something I didn't.

Here's a quick reality check for you, sweetie: It's not all about you.

It doesn't help the OP, I'm not sure why you're attacking me.

I also see nothing in my post about men being threatened by irrational behavior. Your comment made no sense. No idea what your problem is with me, and don't care.

SweetRB,

Luckily, the interaction between Catgirl and Superconductor isn't typical of what you find in the workplace.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

i work with mainly men, there are 2 others ladies on my floor....but we are all 3 pretty cool. i get to BS with them, i can dish out some crude-lude comments and make them blush.... it's great!

i do get irritated, and not PMS, just with work, as do they.... so it can be an equal bitchfest.... really the dudes are pickier and anal......

i am respected, taken care of, treated as a pal..... but never disrespected, well maybe by my boss..... but that is different.

i would hate to work on any of the other floors in our building, which are dominated by women, they are a catty bunch.

superconductor
SweetRB,

Luckily, the interaction between Catgirl and Superconductor isn't typical of what you find in the workplace.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:D:D:D Well said!

Ooo! I just have to comment on that. :rolleyes:

Having PMT is not a weakness, it doesn't indicate unreliability and lack of self-discipline. It's a very real, very debilitating condition that can have extremely detrimental effects on the woman (and, yes, sometimes those around her). Very often it's very hard to combat. You only have to deal with a small proportion of the effects when you're with a woman who has it. She has to deal with it every month for, sometimes, weeks at a time.

Please have a little understanding :)

I think annoyed is a better term. why? because it gets in the way of getting the job done.

In a professional work environment anything that has the eye off the ball should be limited.

superconductor
Ooo! I just have to comment on that. :rolleyes:

Having PMT is not a weakness, it doesn't indicate unreliability and lack of self-discipline. It's a very real, very debilitating condition that can have extremely detrimental effects on the woman (and, yes, sometimes those around her). Very often it's very hard to combat. You only have to deal with a small proportion of the effects when you're with a woman who has it. She has to deal with it every month for, sometimes, weeks at a time.

Please have a little understanding :)

I agree that having menopausal symptoms is not a weakness. But unreliability and lack of self-discipline is.

I'm also not suggesting that it's easy to combat. But I am suggesting that to use menopausal symptomology as an excuse to treat everyone around you like dirt is intolerable.

In short, the world does not revolve around whether one is having their period or not.

..... anything that has the eye off the ball.......
:lmao: :lmao:

with a bunch of dudes around... i doubt if that every happens!

I agree that having menopausal symptoms is not a weakness. But unreliability and lack of self-discipline is.

Some women find it impossible to be menopausal and reliable or self-disciplined at the same time.

I'm also not suggesting that it's easy to combat. But I am suggesting that to use menopausal symptomology as an excuse to treat everyone around you like dirt is intolerable.

Yes, I agree that to use it as an excuse is not acceptable, but sometimes it's the reason.

In short, the world does not revolve around whether one is having their period or not.

WELL IT BLOODY WELL SHOULD!

:p