Dinner with a married man?

I was a co-worker with this man who is married. I am a single woman who is nice to everyone. Obviously I wouldv'e never been nice to him because he became such a pest!! To make a long story short, I quit this company and work for another-not because of him but because of a better opportunity. Last month, a family member of mine died and he heard about it and showed up for the funeral. It was a far drive for him to go. It took him about 1.5 hrs. I was not thrilled about him showing up but thought it was a nice thing to do. Well, no he has become pest again! He wants us to meet for lunch. He says he wants me to look at a catalog so he can give me a good deal on a timeshare which I don't want. I already told him thanks but I'm not going on vacation anytime soon. He is calling me and wants to meet for lunch or breaksfast. Is it normal for a married man to have lunch with a single woman? How do I get rid of him? Maybe he just wants to be a friend and I am over reacting? The truth is, he gives me the creeps and I'm afraid if I meet him for lunch, then I will never get rid of him! Please let me know your honest response. Thanks. I am 36 and he is in his late fifties. Oh, why won"t he bring his wife along?

One word... use it..... "NO"!! :)

Just tell him in no uncertain terms that you are not comfortable with his contacting you, or his invitations to either dinner or lunch. You do not have to give a reason, but could make it clear that you do not find such friendship acceptable from a married man.

It's in your hands, just say NO.

TRUST YOUR GUT!!!!

Tell him not to call you.

Do not take his calls.

Be 'less nice' to him. He obviously can't take a hint.

Do not meet him for lunch.

Be curt, cool, to the point if you do have to interact with him. Treat him like an annoying telemarketer and do NOT let him engage you in any way.

You need to trust your instincts. Despite your polite, but not enthusiastic response, to his overtures, he still has not got the message. Ask him to bring his wife along to lunch, you would like to meet her, or start a conversation about cheating husbands, and what a low opinion you have of them. If it doesnt work tell him straight that you dont really want to pursue any kind of friendship/relationship with him. Good luck!

You need to trust your instincts. Despite your polite, but not enthusiastic response, to his overtures, he still has not got the message. Ask him to bring his wife along to lunch, you would like to meet her, or start a conversation about cheating husbands, and what a low opinion you have of them. If it doesnt work tell him straight that you dont really want to pursue any kind of friendship/relationship with him. Good luck!

Great response ! :) I mean afterall reverse the situation. : You are married and you constantly ask out a single man for lunch , you show up at his aunts funeral 1.5 hours drive and pester him for lunch . Does that make you a good wife ?? So think about what a rotten husband he is if keeps this up.....:laugh: