Falling in love with a colleague...

I don't know if anyone of you has fallen in love with somebody you work with... That happened to me. It's about a month I work at a cafe and from the first time I saw him, I thought he was my guy. I didn't know we were going to work together but as soon as I found out, I was really glad... but I didn't know that it was going to be so difficult...

At first, I was staying at the cafe when he was working, but that made me feel tired, because he was working at night. Once, I invited him to my place to dinner. We had a great time, we had fun and finally we were hugged but not even kissing...

After that day, I tried to see him besides the cafe many times but he's spending too much time with his friends. I don't know what to do now to show him my feelings... Sometimes I feel that he's feeling the same but he doesn't show it up...

I wish I could avoid him for some time but it's not possible... I stopped staying at his shift, but he's always working after me. So, when he comes, he just touches my hair and I'm just trempling...

What should I do... I know I shouldn't get involved with a guy from my work. I just can't resist...

I forgot to mention that he's younger, 2 years...

stillafool

Age has nothing to do with it, especially 2 years. I think he knows very well you are interested. If you have tried to get together with him several times and he is always doing something with his friends that should give you an idea that he's not really trying.

I would however always make sure I look my very best when he see me. Look happy and alive. Don't have that "I want you" face on. Do you know if he already has a girlfriend?

• Author

I know he doesn't have a girlfriend for sure... I only tried two times to get together alone with him, but he had already arranged something else... I guess he's interested in me because he sends messages without me sending, calling me several times a day, if he doesn't see me... and when he's working and I tell him that I won't stay, he's always begging me to stay and he always sits next to me, trying to touch me... but that's all... so I can't tell that for sure... Maybe in the end it's only my imagination, because I want him to want me... I don't know.. Thanks anyway...

• 4 weeks later...

My husband is friends with a woman that he has previouslyworked with and speaks on the phone with her daily. I realized that this was going on about a year ago and asked him to stop, he said he would. I had to check our cell phone bills recently, which goes to his business, and realized that it had not stopped.

I confronted him and he said, as he always does, "we are just friends". This woman stopped talking to me years ago and has disrespected me and told me that "nothing would come between the friendship between her and my husband". I want to trust him.

I was in his office last week and his cell phone rang, he pretended that it was my son and said he would call back. It was not my son, it was her, after some coaxing he finally admitted it.

He has been kissing my butt and said he would stop talking to her, but I am having a real hard time with this. I want to believe that nothing is going on, but knowing that they talk on the phone a few times a day, almost every day is driving me crazy and the fact that he lied to my face about her calling when I was sitting right there hurt. What should I do?

stillafool
I know he doesn't have a girlfriend for sure... I only tried two times to get together alone with him, but he had already arranged something else... I guess he's interested in me because he sends messages without me sending, calling me several times a day, if he doesn't see me... and when he's working and I tell him that I won't stay, he's always begging me to stay and he always sits next to me, trying to touch me... but that's all... so I can't tell that for sure... Maybe in the end it's only my imagination, because I want him to want me... I don't know.. Thanks anyway...

Since you know he doesn't have gf and he's constantly in touch with you and asking you to stay afte work it sounds like he's interested in you. Why don't you ask him if he'd like to go out sometimes to a movie.

Curmudgeon
I don't know if anyone of you has fallen in love with somebody you work with...

I forgot to mention that he's younger, 2 years...

I have. I fell in love with her over the course of five years, the first three of which I was married and "NO!", there was no connection and knowing her had no bearing on the marriage which had been doomed for years. For the first four years we worked for the same agency and together. Then she promoted to a new agency but we still worked in the same policy area politically and saw and worked with one another occasionally. Best of all, we became friends.

We've now been married almost 10 years and guess what? She's two years younger than I am. :D

My husband is friends with a woman that he has previouslyworked with and speaks on the phone with her daily. I realized that this was going on about a year ago and asked him to stop, he said he would. I had to check our cell phone bills recently, which goes to his business, and realized that it had not stopped.

I confronted him and he said, as he always does, "we are just friends". This woman stopped talking to me years ago and has disrespected me and told me that "nothing would come between the friendship between her and my husband". I want to trust him.

I was in his office last week and his cell phone rang, he pretended that it was my son and said he would call back. It was not my son, it was her, after some coaxing he finally admitted it.

He has been kissing my butt and said he would stop talking to her, but I am having a real hard time with this. I want to believe that nothing is going on, but knowing that they talk on the phone a few times a day, almost every day is driving me crazy and the fact that he lied to my face about her calling when I was sitting right there hurt. What should I do?

You'll probably get replies regarding your problem if you post a thread in the Infidelity forum:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/f35/

Rene, it sounds like he likes you, and knows that you like him. I don't know why he won't ask you out, but there may be something you don't know...like that he does have a girlfriend. What makes you think he's not seeing someone else?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry will get to back to thread in a minute hey chica--well sounds like a lot of talking you need to find out if you can trust him or not, time and talk to him , i dunno, i truly dont know and i wish i did, but follow your heart and try spicing up the romance and how long have you all been marriedn anyway, ya maybe you need some spice and something nice? k peace out

WORK REALLY CAN **** SOME **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd say one month is short, you are mutually attracted so , let it be let him be dont worry about it just work and maybe be friends and talk to eachother alot if you do get to kissing, i think you all should just chil a while though, work really just f'd everything up really bad and it realllllllllllly sux and cuz of it i have found myself addiceted to this forum :) anyhoo..so slow it down cuz it could work out as long as you know eachother and yes AGE aint no thing in this situation. k peace out. have fun, be careful