the alarm goes off. It was only a few minutes ago that I laid my head against the soft pillow, my eyes growing heavier by the second. Must've happened around 9:30 the previous evening, while watching "Fight Club" on Telemundo. The sound quality was poor, due to the translation. That's all I remember, before sleep prevailed.

Hit the snooze button once, then slowly ascend from the only reliable creature comfort on the planet, a Simmons posturepedic mattress, courtesy of a decent tax return. If I hit snooze twice, my cell phone will unleash a drum kit loud enough to break the spell of procrastination.

Half hour later I'm out the door, en route to the metro. Another day, another dollar. At least it's not cold outside.

Enjoy it. Its better than my situation.

For the next two weeks I start work at 4 A.M. I hate it, but at least I am out at 1.

Posturepedic? No wonder you slept like a rock, Westy!

I am NOT a morning person myself. I got my routine down to the second in the mornings. If I want jam on my toast, I have to get up two minutes earlier. :D

• Author
If I want jam on my toast, I have to get up two minutes earlier. :D

I'm learning that every minutes counts, especially when I'm trying to catch a train.

I'm learning that every minutes counts, especially when I'm trying to catch a train.

Men got it easy...at least you don't have to primp in the mornings! Takes me a freakin' hour to get ready. But, then again, that would suck to catch a train every morning.

• Author
Men got it easy...at least you don't have to primp in the mornings!

Real men like me don't need an hour to get ready. Hair is defnitely not an issue either (what's left has been shaved off).

*giggle*

Real men like me don't need an hour to get ready. Hair is defnitely not an issue either (what's left has been shaved off).

*giggle*

Yea, I guess that would save some primpin' time. Myself, I spend a good 25 minutes blowdrying & straightening my hair, so I can look au-natural. People say, "how do you get your hair to look so nice without doing anything to it?"

Little do they know. *giggle*