My company hired a new receptionist who is such a 'ho-bag. She wears too tight, cheap looking clothes with beat up f-me boots and her boobs look like they are going to pop out of her tank top. She looks and acts cheap. Everyone else wears suits. She doesn't fit in. Things she has talked about include favorite places to go drinking and boyfriends she dumped for shallow reasons. She does not have a professional demeanor, unless that profession is street walking. I can't figure out why management hired her. She is going to scare away clients. And I have already caught her in several lies. What can I do to make her go away.

My company hired a new receptionist who is such a 'ho-bag. She wears too tight, cheap looking clothes with beat up f-me boots and her boobs look like they are going to pop out of her tank top. She looks and acts cheap. Everyone else wears suits. She doesn't fit in. Things she has talked about include favorite places to go drinking and boyfriends she dumped for shallow reasons. She does not have a professional demeanor, unless that profession is street walking. I can't figure out why management hired her. She is going to scare away clients. And I have already caught her in several lies. What can I do to make her go away.

Hahaha, wow. I am a receptionist; makes me wonder what people say about me. Though, I have never dumped anyone for shallow reasons, I don't drink, and I don't wear "f-me" boots. Where do you work? Or, if you don't want to answer that, what state do you live in?

Anyway, about your question...how old is she? Maybe the management is "shallow" and hired her just to stare at her boobs, or maybe she is actually qualified to be there? I assume that you are a woman, because I can't imagine a man complaining about this. Have you actually spoken with her? Or are you just going by what you have heard others say? Anyway, if you have that big of a problem with her, just mention to management that you think some people are dressing and acting inapproprately, and prehapes they should address the situation with a company meeting, or something of that nature. Or, if you want to be really bold, go to her and say something. You don't have to be mean about it, just tell her that you think she should reconsider some of her outfits, and if she starts talking with you about her personal life and it bothers you, just say, "I'm sorry, but I would rather keep our relationship professional."

I would also like to ask, why does she bother you so much? Do you work directly with her? Not to be rude, but it sounds like you might be kind of jealous of her. Are there not many women who work in your company and you feel threatened that there is a girl there who is getting attention (even if it is negative)? Not meaning to be rude, I don't know the situation, so I am just asking.

Best thing you can do is talk to management and express your concerns, in a polite, professional manner. You can't just go and tell them what you wrote here :p

I can't possibly imagine why would they hire her either, except maybe whoever did so is a guy and wants to bed her, or they actually thought she would attract customers rather than drive them away.

-E

It's not really your place to make her 'go away', though is it? The company hired her and it's their perogative to either keep her on board or fire her.

You can speak to the hire-up's if her work is sloppy, if she's not performing up to par or if she is doing something unethical or abusive.

Other than that, unless they have a dress code you can't really complain about her 'not fitting in'.

You can choose to associate with her as little as possible and I think that's your best option.

Keep your trap shut. Management thinks it's brilliant - no 'word to the wise' from one of the plebs is going to do any good - and you'll be thought of as jealous and petty. Unfortunately, when it comes to some men, their eyeballs take precedence over their brains. Being in management doesn't make a person smarter.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Have you ever talked to this person properly? Or are you just judging this person from what you hear her talk about to others etc? Cheap nasty clothes, they may not be your style or your tastes but she may not be able to affort a suit? If she brought a cheap nasty suit would you complain about that? They must have hired her for a reason, sure they wouldn''t just hire her for an unprofessional perverted reason since it will get boring later on and they can go to a street full of hookers instead so she must have a bit of a professional talent in her which made them decide to hire her. I agree that she should not dress like this in professional terms, but you don't know the story behind why she dresses like this.

Be a human and buy her some professional clothes.

Receptionists don't make a ton of money when they start (usually) so getting a new wardrobe is probably out of the question for her.

You don't know her story, you don't know her and you have already judged her and put her into a neat little category. Find out about her, from her, see the struggling human behind the boobs and tank top. I dare you to do this honestly.

What, specifically what kinds of lies have you caught her in?

Are you a woman or man?

blind_otter

Hah. When I was a personal assistant my boss bitched about my clothes. Well give me a raise or take me shopping then, stop bitching.

I hope no one judges you as quickly or as harshly as you seem to be able to judge others. I certainly hope no one randomly decides to try to get you fired because of the way you look.

RecordProducer

You better not try to make her go away. She might be somebody's mistress or his friend's daughter or sister so she might make sure that YOU go away! ;)

thegoodhubbie
Be a human and buy her some professional clothes.

Receptionists don't make a ton of money when they start (usually) so getting a new wardrobe is probably out of the question for her.

You don't know her story, you don't know her and you have already judged her and put her into a neat little category. Find out about her, from her, see the struggling human behind the boobs and tank top. I dare you to do this honestly.

What, specifically what kinds of lies have you caught her in?

Are you a woman or man?

In effect you have just judged the OP for being judgemental :lmao:

blind_otter
In effect you have just judged the OP for being judgemental :lmao:

actually, you're not correct.

judgeing is not the same as the adjective "judgemental". Read a dictionary.

Judgmental: Inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones: a marriage counselor who tries not to be judgmental.

To Judge: To form an opinion or estimation of after careful consideration.

Being judgmental specifically refers to an individual passing moral or personal judgment, judging in and of itself is just a cognitive process.

thegoodhubbie
actually, you're not correct.

judgeing is not the same as the adjective "judgemental". Read a dictionary.

Judgmental: Inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones: a marriage counselor who tries not to be judgmental.

To Judge: To form an opinion or estimation of after careful consideration.

Being judgmental specifically refers to an individual passing moral or personal judgment, judging in and of itself is just a cognitive process.

Thanks for the lesson, but didn't you guys notice the :lmao: It was a joke. I'll try to keep my screwing around more serious in the future :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks for the lesson, but didn't you guys notice the :lmao: It was a joke. I'll try to keep my screwing around more serious in the future :lmao: :lmao:

Jokes are good!! Your humor wasn't lost on me, I thought I'd have some fun back. :p

blind_otter

Grammar is not to be played with.

Semantics, on the other hand, are a free for all.

kidding, kidding.

Besides. tell me you knew the difference between the two already? I see people say that all the time and it gets on my nerves.

jen_jen_heartbroken

This is funny. We have a similar problem where I work. I decided to compliment the person when she wears something that is more appropriate, to encourage more appropriate dress. Personally, I find people that dress sloppy or provocative at work to be disrespectful to others, because it reflects on the company as a whole, especially if someone is in the position of greeting customers and such. Once upon a time I was a struggling receptionist, but I still managed to find appropriately tailored, clean, conservative clothes for work. They weren't expensive designer labels, but you'd be surprised what nice clothes you can find at thrift stores, garage sales and consignment shops. I still buy clothes second hand, although I do most of my thrift shopping on ebay. I just hate to pay retail.

My perspective: she's harmless. She's probably hoping like hell people like her. She may be short on social skills. She may have been trained from childhood that all she had going for her was her looks. You don't know. Chances are you wouldn't want to trade places with her. You don't have to be her best friend, but you don't have a right to disrupt her life.

This reminds me of the other day when some ass cut me off and then drove way too damn slow in front of me. Driving like this was their first time behind the wheel. So, irritated, I went for the pass. I compulsively check out people who drive funny and I saw that it was a seriously overweight woman driving her family around, and they didn't look wealthy or happy. I decided what the hell, I don't need the lane. She clearly struggles in her life more than I do. She has it harder than I do. I have to respect that.

I didn't, however, let her stay in my way.

:lmao: Wow, are you from the 19th century? I'd put money on you being a late thirties, possibly older, conservative christian that shags with the lights off dressed in overalls. Personally it would take more than what you described for me to classify someone as a skank, but IMHO the skankier the receptionist is, the better. :laugh:

RecordProducer
What can I do to make her go away.
It's interesting that while this girl is going to work with a peaceful mind every day, she has no clue that somebody wants to make her go away and get fired, only because she looks sexy. :eek:

Then somone will tell me that pretty women are lucky! :rolleyes:

It's interesting that while this girl is going to work with a peaceful mind every day, she has no clue that somebody wants to make her go away and get fired, only because she looks sexy. :eek:

Then somone will tell me that pretty women are lucky! :rolleyes:

Agreed RP . I'm sittin' on the pretty side , but I'm painfully shy . So what do I get from other women, Im stuck up. Apparently if your pretty and shy , you just think your better than everyone else.

blind_otter
Agreed RP . I'm sittin' on the pretty side , but I'm painfully shy . So what do I get from other women, Im stuck up. Apparently if your pretty and shy , you just think your better than everyone else.

:lmao: word.

It's nowhere near the amount of hating that goes on between chicks though. Your species is notorious for that.

I would totally agree with that....women are their own worst enemies. They don't get tit-jobs and wear $300 shoes to impress men...its to impress other women mostly. :)

I mean, a hot girl can't walk into the room without at least one girl commenting negatively about her.

If its not the negative comments it the condescending look or stare.

If its not the negative comments it the condescending look or stare.

It's that damn head to toe then back up fruckin' scan they do...... :sick:

WTF is the point of that? What they are trying to compare themselves? why bother?

(ooopsy I find myself in a crappy mood, fruckin allergies! )