Raindrop100

Hi I have a new colleague happened to be my new housemate too. I offered to take her around as she is new to this city, bought her dinner and offered to give her spare bedsheet of mine.

But I feel things are not moving on the right track now. She'd ask me to move my TV to her room so that we can watch TV together, share broom and mop with me all the time which she could have bought herself.

Do you think she's going a bit overboard now? What would you do in this situation? Would you feel comfortable for what she's doing now?

She sounds lonely and a bit needy.

It's hard to be new to an area. You may be her only social outlet right now.

Give her some ideas on how to meet people. Tell her, "You know, if you're interested in getting to know the area and meet some people...here are some clubs/organizations you might be interested in."

I personally don't see the point in having two brooms and two mops. But I wonder why you couldn't watch TV together wherever the TV was before.

• Author
Raindrop100
I personally don't see the point in having two brooms and two mops. But I wonder why you couldn't watch TV together wherever the TV was before.

Oh, please don't get the wrong idea. In fact, there are mops and brooms in the common area. But she prefers to use the ones in my attached bathroom.

I have no problem in watching TV together if she doesnt mind to come up to my room but don't you think it's a bit unusual that she asked me to move my TV to her bedroom? I feel being taken advantage of.

Jaykay's suggestion is great; in fact, this is what I have intended to do. :)

bluechocolate

It sounds like you're in a hall of residence at university or nurses accommodation?

...don't you think it's a bit unusual that she asked me to move my TV to her bedroom?

Yes. Don't do it. You shouldn't be obligated to someone else to use your own possessions. ie. why should you have to ask to go into her room to watch your TV? You already don't like the idea, if you do it you'll regret it & develop a lot of resentment towards her. Then of course taking the TV back will become an issue because it could be interpreted as a snub or something.