Until someone better comes along...

I’ve dating someone for almost a year and since the beginning I have always felt as though it was just a temporary relationship until I found someone better. I have told her that I found some one else several times but those people never work out so I go back to the girl I’m dating now. She says her only future includes me and that we’re in love but I’m not in love with her though I do say it. There is now another girl I work with who I like very much. She is everything I’ve been looking for in a person but the problem she’s my co-worker and she has a boy-friend. It’s her first kind of real boyfriend since she’s shy and has low self-esteem. I’ve met her boyfriend and he’s not the kind of guy who deserves her and I can tell her feelings are not very strong for him, at least not yet. She seems to like me as a friend while we’re working or at parties together but other co-workers have said that she talks about how much she likes me (as a friend) a lot when I’m not around. She also jokes a lot about being in love with me and complimenting me. If she were ever to show any definite interest in me, I would break up with my girlfriend now immediately and pursue her more openly then I do now.

My question is: should I risk our friendship and tell her how I feel and break up with my girlfriend and ask her to break up with her boyfriend or just leave things the way they are and feel terrible about not being with her for the best of everyone else?

Let your current gf go. You don't deserve her, and it's hurtful to string her along by telling her you love her when you really don't. Let you gf have a chance to find someone who truly loves her back.

As for the new eye candy -- don't interfere in her relationship. By sending out vibes to her, and angling to get into her life in other ways, you are probably undermining whatever growth might normally occur in her current relationship. While maybe not a "homewrecker," your intentions aren't pure.

Frankly, you sound like a typical player, and it's hard for me to respect someone who plays with people's emotions the way you seem to. Sorry if I've misjudged you. I hope you decide to do the right thing by all parties concerned.

well maybe her boyfriend isnt that great...but honestly you dont sound much better......why are you even getting attached to a girl you dont actually like and kept her in false hopes? :mad:

I bet every woman that's going to read this chump's post are rolling their eyes now. Dude, be a man - you're a disgrace to the warriors out there.

Like that alpha male guy, if he's so alpha, why does he congregate here.

For Christ's sake, let the poor girl go that you're currently 'dating until something better comes along'!

Sheesh, you sound like the worst kind of user.

So that's how you play it, huh? String her along, tell her you love her and all the while, seek greener pastures?

Good grief. Grow the f*** up.