complicated - to pursue an expat boss?

here's my situation. hav just been promoted to a new dept working under B. he's a great boss and a great co-worker whom i've known even before i got posted to his dept. i'm 23 and he's 29 so we get along fine...until last wk just b4 christmas he got a lil too drunk and sent me a text msg saying he likes me.

he knows i hav a bf but says the offer is always there n he just had to get it off his chest before he left the country for xmas.

ok i do like him, very much though i've always ignored my feelings bcos i didnt think it was mutual..prob thought of it as just a crush. now that i know its mutual, a relationship like this is 3 times more complicated.

1. he's my boss ..everyone knoes the dangers of office romance. esp the BOSS. he does however practise restraint in the office and always keeps business as business and never mixes personal stuff into it. his sms also mentioned 'this is not work. if it doesnt work out, things at the office do not change'

2. i have a bf. i dont want to seem as the slut who keeps dumping her bfs for another. i've done this once before and vouched nvr to do it again. but i can see my relationship going into a rut (we;ve been together for almost 3 yrs)..and my boss is so much more sucessful than my bf. a girl always wants the best doesnt she?

3. he is an aussie expat working in my country. i don't know what my family would think but i guess all asian parents would prefer a local to a foreigner dating their daughters no matter how modern they say they are. i for one hav nothing against interacial relationships.

4. since he is an expat, his stay here could be temporary..waiting each yr for his contract to be renewed or he returns home. i hate tis insecurity and long distance relationships.

so advice pls..! anyone out there, should i pursue this or not?:confused:

Nah, I wouldnt persue it!

He is your boss, enough said.

Guys will say anything to get into your pants, so I would disregard his comments about things not changing in the office if the relationship/fling ended.

Could you imagine how uncomfortable it would be going to work with this guy if you two broke up?

Screw That.

very dangerous indeed. you can never be sure if hes just saying stuff cos he wanted a fling, and that he will just fly back one day and yes if things doesnt work out, its not easy at all to keep things "professional".:rolleyes:

HokeyReligions

Break up with your current boyfriend. If that relationship isn't going anywhere and obviously if you would consider a relationship with someone else then you don't have a solid relationship with the current bf. Nothing wrong with that -- we all date different people until we fall in love or realize its not going anywhere.

Get out of this guy's department so that you two are not working together.

Then you can pursue a possible relationship with him and if it doesn't work out, you don't have to deal with each other at the office. If it does work out would you consider moving to another country to be with him? If not, then don't pursue anything with him.

• 3 weeks later...

I would advise against this. It will ruin your current relationship and probably ruin your professional as well. Imagine what your co-workers will think. I know, some people don't care what others think, but it's a good way to lose respect at the office real quick. It looks very bad from an outsiders POV. NOT worth the risk.

OH>>>>> if you are considering boss even slightly for his money.......you deserve what’s coming your way.