Should I go for it?

So theres this girl at my part time job that I've thought about asking out, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm 19, and she's a few years younger than me. It's a casual retail job that I work a couple times a week during the school year, and about 3 times a week over the summer and winter holidays. I don't dislike anyone at there, I can just go to work and not have to worry or stress about any co-workers. There are a couple girls I flirt with (she's one of them) and it's very convenient and makes the day go by. That's one of the things which I like about there.

Lately me and this girl have been getting closer. For anyone who read my thread a couple months ago involving a co-worker, this is a different girl. We're flirting a lot more, and some things she has said raised the idea that she might be interested. When I didn't see her for a few weeks (I guess our schedules got changed) when she saw me she said "I never work with you anymore :(" Then just the other day when I told my buddy I was gonna try to switch one of my shifts, because I had a party to go to (I guess this girl worked the day I was scheduled) she said "noooo...I wanna see you."

I don't know for sure whether she likes me or just enjoys my casual company inside the workplace. If this was some girl I didn't see very often, I would definitely go for it. But if she turns me down, or even if things don't work out - then I'd have to see her occasionally at work, and it might not be good. My buddy has recently started dating someone at work, and so far it's going fine so it gives me a little motivation to go for it - but then again I'm not sure. I have 0 experience with dating girls in the workplace.

I say go for it!:bunny:

Yes dating someone in the workplace is usually not a good idea but I think at your age and the type of job your working it shouldn't be a big issue. I doubt she'll turn you down but if she does then just act like it never happened.

• Author

Thx for your reply JS17, but I just found out today she is interested in someone else. To make matters worse, it's someone who works there. He's a good guy so I'm not angry towards him, but I must admit I am very jealous - especially when I thought we were getting close. This sucks :/

Thx for your reply JS17, but I just found out today she is interested in someone else. To make matters worse, it's someone who works there. He's a good guy so I'm not angry towards him, but I must admit I am very jealous - especially when I thought we were getting close. This sucks :/

It's better that you got the courage to know and get rejected than to know down the line she may be pulling the string. At least you can now forget her and work on some better prospects.

• Author
It's better that you got the courage to know and get rejected than to know down the line she may be pulling the string. At least you can now forget her and work on some better prospects.

I didn't actually ask her out, I just know that she is interested in another guy that works there. How I know, I won't get into...but I'm 99% sure she likes this other dude.

But ya I'm glad I know ahead of time so I can forget about her and move on to someone else.