Questions about Job Interviews

I interviewed well with the HR Director of a homeless organization, who was really nice, he even loaned me his umbrella in case it rained.

I was supposed to turn in an application and background release form before meeting with the 2nd interviewer, Programs Director, but I ended up turning it in on the day of the 2nd interview, which was today.

I was having a good rapport with the 2nd interviewer, but we kept getting interrupted by people walking in and also the 1st interviewer kept coming in the office, so the 2nd interview said we were finished anyway.

Then the 2nd interviewer told me he'd call me or get back to me within a week.

Is it a bad sign t hat I wasn't hired on the spot? I've already had 2 interviews.

Or is the 1st interviewer just wanting to check my background f irst?

Also, I'm in my 30's and look much younger, and I've had the experience where people (mostly women) act less friendly towards me after finding out how old I am, maybe I am closer to their age and they feel annoyed that I look younger or whatever)

both these interviewers are men and it's a faith based organization to help the homeless so I don't think I'll have that problem here, but

I am embarassed when people find out how old I am because not only do I look younger but act it too, I've led a pretty inexperienced life.

I do have a B.A. degree and a work history (though spotty, I made it look better on the resume), I'm really wanting to be an actor and writer but need an income job.

Does my being older than I look a turn off somehow?

I don't have a drivers licence, does this look bad to employers? I failed it in h.s. and never got one, I have a permit and my license is pending but I Need to log in driving hours and don't have the money for paid training and my brother won't help much. Last time I had paid training, the instructor informed me I needed about ten hours more.

curiousnycgirl

It is actually very unusual to be hired on the spot, so I would not give it another thought.

You need to sit down and send the second interviewer a thank you note (the first one too if you haven't already) in which you outline why you would be a good fit for the job, etc.

Best of luck with it.

• Author

Ok, thanks.

I meant to say that the 1st interviewer, HR Director and I think the one with the power to hire me, was the one who kept walking in interrupting the 2nd interviewer and he told me he'd call me within a week.