FINALLY! Got things straightened out and accpeted a permanent position

HokeyReligions

After being laid off in May 2003 and working as a contractor since I have finally accepted an offer for permanent employment.

It's at the company I worked for contract from May 2003 to November 2003 and left because I did not like working for the CFO. We had some problems and I quit.

The company asked me back in a different capacity last July and I've worked on two of their projects. A new person was brought on in a clerical role last month and she shares the same last name as me. We've had a rought go of it because she was talking about being hired direct at the same level as me, went to a benefits meeting and talked about the raise she got. I was PISSED!

We finally got it all straightened out and the other girl is going to remain a temporary in a clerical position (she's been talked to about her mouth) and if she works out she will be in a supporting role for me and my counterpart.

In my position I am somewhat privvy to sensitive information and found out that I am one of the highest paid people at my level---which surprised me a bit, but I'm not complaining!

As of noon Friday I will be a permanent employee. The only downside is that because I have not had health insurance since 2003 I have to wait 18 months before I can be covered. I will still get the perscription discounts and dental and life, ADD, etc. I just won't have regular health insurance (bummer) but I've waited this long.

Its nice going back to a company that values me and wanted me (You LOVE me, You REALLY Love Me!)

It's close to home, is casual, and has flex time.

Oh and Moose -- you'll like this. Every meeting / party / etc. that does not involve clients starts with a prayer.

This is not a small company -- its a very large international company.

FINALLY!

Merry Christmas! (seen on a realtor's sign: "Merry Christmas -- It's NOT Mr. Holiday's birthday)

curiousnycgirl

WOW Hokey I am so very happy for you! It's about time that something good happened for you. What a great way to go into the holidays and start the new year.

:bunny: :bunny:

I know you've had a pretty hard row to hoe these past few years, but Hokey! Frafer-perly yum kom drabby sham! Shuba-pie! This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

Every meeting / party / etc. that does not involve clients starts with a prayer.

which, I imagine, will help cut down on the stress levels ;)

again, congratulations on your new job, I'm glad that your blessings have arrived.

hugs,

quank

P.S. tried a homemade recipe for doggy treats ... my husband now tells me they'd have tasted better with beef bouillon!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll try to remember where I found the recipe and forward it to you, our dog and our friend's dogs love them, and they're so easy to make.

• Author
HokeyReligions

Thank you everyone!

It was a hectic week. Today was my last day on this project and I packed up this afternoon and they are moving my PC & 'stuff' to my new office Monday morning. I put in 65 hours this week! Because the time was put in when I was contract I will get paid OT! Maybe now I can get the heater fixed in the car. It's been in the 30's and 40's in the mornings and driving to work with no heater and needing to keep the windows open a little so the windows don't fog up was freezing! Brrrr! and I don't get to say that often in Houston.

I'd love the dogtreat recipe! Although my muttles are happy with old "yard crunchies" and they make those themselves! :sick:

Congrats Hokey! This has been a long time coming. Sorry that you don't get those health benefits right away, but hey! That's a steady income now! And close to home, even better!

Merry Christmas!!

ya, this is a very very satisfied news for you!!!!!!!!! and i congratulation to you for your nice vocation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and wishes you a blissful, unforgettable, and radiant MERRY XMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!