Mystery shoppers always pretty?

I only saw one in action. She was well dressed, fairly attractive woman, with conversation that spoke of education.

She shop lifted to bust store employees that didn't catch her in the act.

I thought it sucked. The employees can't watch everyone, so they watch the ones who fit the profile of 99% of all shoplifters.

But back to my question. The woman was attractive, the banners here show attractive women. Are they all attractive? Would I be turned down (or accepted!) for that job based on looks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen a few in action. I worked in a restaurant recently(happy to say I am retired), and we would get "shopped" alot. We were able to spot some, just by recognizing their ordering(they have certain things they have to order, to make sure we are suggestive selling properly). And I can tell you, secret shoppers vary in apperance as much as anyone else. Men, women, young, old, you name it. Also, my understanding is that most of the hiring for secret shoppers is done through the mail or online, so you never meet your employer face to face. If you did though, I'd have to say I don't think it would be right for them not to hire someone 'unattractive'. I also know that it isn't a 'make a living shopping' thing. They pay a small fee for your service, or else just reimburse you for your meal out at a restaurant. Which I think is pretty cool, I'd be happy to give an honest opinion of the experience I had at dinner if someone bought that dinner for me!

good luck!