Interview Follow-up Advice II

Interviewer said he had a good feeling about me and that I should keep in touch with him. What the best way to do this? Decision on position not being decided until the beginning of next year and interview was at the beginning of November.

When I interviewed for the job I'm in now, I sent my editor a note thanking him for the chance to interview with him (he let his sense of humor shine through during the interview, so it felt more like old home week than An Actual Interview). I don't know if that helped me land the job, but I felt good about letting him know how much I enjoyed meeting him and the other person on staff.

I'd say that if your interviewer had a positive feeling about you as a potential worker, be encouraged to follow up. Send a follow-up note to your interview, keeping it simple, yet letting him know that you're very much interested in keeping contact with him/the company.

do you know when the closing date is for this position?

• Author

The final day for sending in a resume was a few days before the interview. The final decision for the position is going to be in January. I sent a thank you note the next day but it feels like it would be too much time between contact if I don't call/write until January since the interview was in Nov.

curiousnycgirl

A professional holiday card, with a note that you are looking forward to speaking with them/hearing from them in the new year, would be fine.