My Boss is he just being friendly?

I have a fairly new job and I work in an office area with both males and females. My boss is a very attractive man who I find very interesting. Over the last week or two he has been paying more attention to me. He compliments me and it has nothing to do with work, like my clothes, my voice ect... the other day he was leaving and he looked over at me and winked! Is this just him being friendly? Or how can I tell the difference between friendly or flirting? Please help.

curiousnycgirl

To be honest it sounds like he is crossing the line - but he's the boss and you can't control that, you can only control how you handle it.

Regardless of how he is behaving - you need to keep it professional. I would continue to be pleasant, polite and friendly - but keep it at arms length.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. I think I will just play it safe and assume that he may indeed be getting a little too friendly, and I will just act like I don't have any idea what he is doing. I will continue to be friendly and nice, but what if he gets more friendly? How do I respond?

curiousnycgirl

I doubt he will do anything further, but if he does, you can simply tell him that whatever it is makes you feel uncomfortable.