It seemed best to idle...

I suppose first a little background information could help. I am a supervisor at a company, I have many employees and we all coexsist in a social enviroment. We have many managers (supervisors) many of which are my superiors. We had hired a new girl, and everybody had taken an interest in her. Even me.

I had made plans to flirt with her, but I felt that it was of course foolish to bring something like this to work, its stressful enough as is. Then it all took off, one of my supervisors who was apparently trying to get 'some' well, she mentioned me in their little conversation. And he told me I have to, "have" to F*** her. He told me to get her number and start talking to her. He acted as if he had something to get out of this.

Pretty much I did talk to her for a while, we had a good time togther a few times, but I did quit calling because of the sketchiness of the situation. I didn't want Human Resources down in our office, plus my supervisor acting like he had something to gain. (There are many details, I'm just trying to get straight to the point.)

All and all, the girl who we hired is now gone. I haven't called her in probably a month since today. Last time I saw her she was picking up her last pay check and leaving, but before she did she knocked on the window I was leaning against inside the building and waved then she walked on to her car.

I opened the window and cheerfully explained how she scared the hell out of me, cause she did. She smiled and got into her car. Haven't saw her since. Now I was trying to avoid any drama, and still am. But her friend asked if I have called her in a while (she still works with me, her friend anyway) I told her no, she asked why not? I was like ummm, why should I?

So thats where it stands, this girl was into me no doubt about that, and I was into her as well. So thats not the question. But should I give her a call up, even with all the things I've heard such as: her having a b/f, rumors of her with my supervisor, all sorts of stuff.

Is it worth going for in return, do you think its a sign shes looking for me again. Its really just weird.

Can you all draw conclusions from what I've provided? Thanks :)

no, i don't think this was a sign. i think she was hurt that people looked at her as a peice of ass, rather than a co-worker. that's not fair. she probably wanted a job and a career, and got upset that it didn't work out.

I would jsut leave the situation alone and forget about it altogether. I'm sure she's moved on emotionally from the situation. so just let it be.

it's a sucky situation, but what can you do? there are far more worse things in the workplace than this.

• Author

Thats the reason I ditched it, my job is stressful enough as a manager. I guess its just another girl gone.

Recently I've been feeling lonely, missing old friends sometimes, I feel like sometimes I need a companion. I haven't been at work because I'm down with an illness at the time and I'm doing my best to get over it.

But eh. So I look towards the past and almost consider re-opening old communications. But there are many other chicks at work too who seem to show an obvious interest in me.

Of course having relationships at work, thats a no no I know. But it seems to be the only place I can find them, haha. And as far as a career with the company, yes it is possible. But we go through employees like crazy, its a telecommunications building. So some people can take the stress, some can't.

So her being laid off is nothing new, it happens to people with low performance. And she had low performance.

=----------=Another topic relating to the work enviroment.

Ironically enough, while I was trying to hook up with this girl another one came out of nowhere. Apparently one of my friends had been talking to her about me, without me knowing it. He gave me her phone number and told me to give her a call.

I didn't because well I had already had something going on, so I looked over it. And considering I had never really talked to the girl, even though she is attractive, I still didn't call her. Once again its months that have gone by, think I could call her up with little drama. I mean she dosen't work there anymore same deal (low performance) and she shared an interest in me but didn't make it obvious. I've heard shes complained about how I never called.

Think that could do it?