She is always into my business! Help!

This is getting tiring.First of all I go into work and this manager is always into my business.She tells me I have to do burritos cause we arent selling the Ginger salads.Then another day she gets in there punches in early ,so she can go in and she looks at what the night people dont do.Then she comes over to me and says "ok you have to do this and that" "cause the night people didnt do it"So she isnt being fair and giving all the work for one person.Plus she wants me to do their work so they can have a easy day.First of all alot of people say shes not in charge.She got me into trouble last week for not minding her business.

Today I was way behind on my work cause she made me do the night peoples job.When in fact if she has time to stand around and look over peoples shoulders she could be getting something done.

Then she is always looking over my shoulder,I mean she is really watching me and it makes me nervous.None of the other management even do that.Another worker says she feels like she is being watched all the time too.She gets into everyones business.Now Im afraid she will get me into trouble again this week by telling me to do the wrong thing.The restaurant manager tells me not to worry about it but the other one is always afraid they dont give me enough work to do in fact,I do quite a bit and she spends more time wandering around to see what everyone else is doing so shes the one that isnt getting enough work, if she has to do that.That proves it,right there.Theres some people there that are annoyed as well as me.

Hey Patty,

I need more details before I can really comment on this.

Something that you stated "alot of people say shes not in charge"

For one thing, would you describe the official chain of

command at your job (Example - Manager - Supervisor -

Lead - Prep?) and her official title.

How long has she had her current position?

How long has her superior had their current position?

How long have you worked there?

From what you have stated thus far, I believe I can offer

you insight in regards your situation from several points

of view.

With that, I am sorry that you are going through this and

have felt your frustration.

• Author
For one thing, would you describe the official chain of

command at your job (Example - Manager - Supervisor -

Lead - Prep?) and her official title.

How long has she had her current position?

How long has her superior had their current position?

How long have you worked there?

She is part of management.Im not sure what position of management she is.Shes been there 30 years or more,Ive heard.Im not sure about the second question.Ive been there 10 years.

Not many people are happy with her.

I really wish they would turn on my pm privileges :)

Ok, has her behavior always been this way towards

those she manages or is this behavior new?

You mentioned closing duties and opening duties.

I have fought this war as an employee and mediated

this war as a manager. I have also achieved balance

in this area through various means.

I am assuming that you have prep work on your shift

that needs to be done for the night folks (not the cleaning

up after them part, but stuff they need you to do for them

before they come on shift). Is this a correct assumption?

• Author

I do have prep work.Im not suppose to do the night shifts work.The restuarant manager tells me just to do my regular job cause I only have 5 hours and can only do so much.She doesnt want to have to pay me overtime to do their work too.

I think Im going to do what Im suppose to do for now on and if this other person wants me to do this and that then I'm going to tell her to talk to our restuarant manager.They cant have to much of one thing cause they arent selling much this time of year.Im not getting myself into trouble like I did the last week for making to much of one thing just to please the other manager.Im ready to say to my boss that she is causing problems and is being very difficult to work with cause she cant mind her business.

I think that you are on to something in regards to communication.

One thing I would like to add, to cover yourself, would be to speak

again to your restaurant manager and relay your concern again.

You might want to try and go about this in a way as to just define

your role at you place of work and avoid the fact that the woman

drives you nuts unless prompted. I don’t suppose you company

has anything in regards to job descriptions in a manual or anything

like that, do they?