Problem co worker... Need advice.

questionsforyall

So I was on a break with this guy and he asked me a question on how I would go answer a certain question from a customer, so being on break I jokingly said what was obviously wrong. Coworker overreacts big time. Gives me a 5 minute lecture on how wrong I was, in a pretty demeaning fashion. I learned more so that I can learn quicker from this guy if I make him mad now. Then when the break is over he's saying I'm sorry if you think I was trying to rub it in. So I think ok whatever cause I'm pretty passiv. Then for the next 2 hours it seems the guy was going out of his way to be a total ass to me. He would move things that I would obviously need to be using right away so I would have to walk to get them, he would stand in my way when I was trying to walk somewhere, I'm a new employee and he would tell me how to do things only after I had done them. He asked me what my name was even though he knows it, I told him then he said I'm going to ask you that 2 times a day from now on. I responded with. Why? He after knew my name. Anyway I can take a lot of crap from people and just suck it up. After this and much more stuff at the end of hte night I used his cell phone to call for a ride. My phone number is in his phone now, should I even be paranoid about him having that? Its unlisted...

What should I do about this guy, tell the manager? Just quit cause it will/most likely get worse. Tell him to his face stop being an a**h*** and be nice?

I've taken years of abuse from people and have never stood up for myself, highschool, after highschool, lots of people like pushing me around because I'm quiet so I lack the certain skills in confrontation. It drives me crazy.

Please help.

slubberdegullion

Sounds like the dude is one of those passive/aggresive asswipes.

You probably won't be able to beat him at his own game, because he's likely had years - decades, maybe - of practice. He may even be a psychopath; his behaviour seems to fit the profile (see link).

Weekell75, I think, nailed it. Check out the web links.

Good luck. And don't go to your boss just yet. Try managing it yourself first. Going to the boss would be a last resort.