Just got a promotion but...

I just got a promotion from work(I work in the art industry.) and it gives me more money and $10000 for accepting that job.But the problem is I love my old work and I have to move houses if I choose the promotion.I love it here,my wife love it here,my kids also love it here and we all love it here.I don't want to move,but that money could really help us.What do I do?:(

slubberdegullion

This isn't even close.

Take the money. Move. Just because you love one place doesn't mean that you won't grow to love your new place.

HokeyReligions

Check out the new responsibilities -- will you get to do similar work? Do you think you will like it?

Check out the new neighborhood - schools, social activities, etc. You might find that you will like it even more. A raise and bonus is nice, but is the cost of living higher where you would move? You might be no better off financially.

Make a list of pros and cons and start with realistic facts. Then list the pros and cons of emotionally moving after you have looked at the technicalities. That might make it less overwhelming and frightening.

How old are your kids? What grades are they in? That can make a difference too.

• Author

I have a 11 year old boy,a 9 year old girl and a 11 month old baby.Well now my boss gave me some views of the new city i'm moving in.He gave me book named "Your new and better life with King Co.".It says it gives me health benefits for me and my family and we saw a picture of the city.It's more better than where we're living.So today we're going to move.I can't talk today or tommorow till 12 o 'clock am I can talk.:rolleyes:;):D:)

• Author

Well I'm here at my new home with my new job!It feels like paradise!It's wonderful,too wonderful i'll say...I think i'm going to have a bad feeling about this...:confused::(