Workplace Romance: When its over

Hi all,

Was in a committed relationship with coworker for over a year. We never spoke with anyone regarding the romance but someone saw us out and about, but not big deal because people were still skeptical. This was not until our 8th month. Anyway, she went and got a new job and I stayed. The relationship was over soon after she left. Now, I here rumors being spread around about the both of us. So, is it time for me to move on as well?

Do you have a choice?

She is gone so the answer is plain. There is nothing to wait on unless you and her are still seeing each other. If not then what are you waiting for, an invitation to date again?

• Author

Sorry I was not clear. I am talking about the rumors and whether it is time for me to look for a new job. I found out that there are many rumors swirling around about and some about. I can tell people feel pity towards me because I am not as responsive and hardworking as before and it is showing. Its not as if I can just switch how I feel, but I am emotionally drained from the whole experience. I don't need my life to be the watercooler topic.

You're waaaay too sensitive about what people say about you.

I know I wouldn't date anyone in the workplace (it's just bad), you're lucky she's gone, so start countin' your lucky stars dude!! On the flip side, imagine if she's still around!! Arghhh!! How would that feel? But instead, you're moping about some water cooler talk? Get a grip, move on, and start dating again.

You feel sad cos you allow yourself to be. Now that you don't see her everyday, you'll be over her soon. Consider yourself lucky man.

LucreziaBorgia

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I saw a post of yours where you said the woman you were involved with is married to someone else. Was that your post? Sorry if I got it mixed up.

• Author

Actually, the rumors are at the Partner level and I had quite a good reputation. Now I think they all pity me. I just dont know how this plays out in the scheme of things, ya know.

LUcrezia: No, that is not me.